MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Y. J. Foo

EK winter freq. change

KUL

Good: increased from 9 to 12 times a week effective Dec 2nd i.e. 9 weekly B 773ERs + 3 weekly A 332s.

Bad: CGK 5th freedom route has been suspended.

Better try to catch KUL-CGK on EK asap...

Other changes at Airliners.net forum thread

some BAd + Good news for KLIA in this several week..after Jetstar stop operate to KUL sector..It hard to blame MAHB on this matter but the current economic situation make KLIA not really famous hub for other airlines compare with BKK and Changi Airport..emm what Gormen and MAHB will like to do to overcome this situation??

Yes, the last EK 346 flight KUL-CGK and its return journey will be on Monday, 29 September 2008. No more trip to CGK on brand new B77Ws that cost lest than MYR 350 including tax and surcharges (one way) after that.

I think the suspension of the KUL-CGK-KUL sector is mainly because of EK's strategy to operate more direct flights from DXB to CGK (?)

Is sit possible to fly EK CGK-KUL?

Yes, you can. Flights every Mon, Wed and Sat. Leaving CGK at around 9 pm and will arrive in KUL close to midnight, if I am not mistaken. Better hurry, no more such flights after 29 September 2008.

I understood that EK had earlier stated that the KUL-CGK route were originally supposed to be terminated from northern summer 2008 but it did not materialise.... until northern winter it seems.

Sign in to follow this