MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Min Chun

Thai Airway MD-11 and 747

I think i'm going to Melbourne by Thai Aiways through Bangkok. (too bad.cant go for LIMA)

and now confirm we will get MD-11 for Bangkok - Mel route. Is there personal mini tv behind the chair? or just a big tv (not really big also tongue.gif ) for sharing?

Besides, how is it for Thai Aiways 744? We get 744 for Mel - Bangkok route.

I think sure has personal mini tv for entertainment right?

Anyone here has the experience of taking MD-11 of TG? Any pics ?

Thanks!

Maybe get a 777 from Penang to Bangkok and Bangkok to Penang for return flight

Edited by Min Chun

hmmm why tak naik MH?

In my opinion the 747's and Md11 you just get big tvs..no PTVS. PtV's are only in their A340's in my opinion.

When are you going

?

hmmm why tak naik MH?

In my opinion the 747's and Md11 you just get big tvs..no PTVS. PtV's are only in their A340's in my opinion.

When are you going

?

14305[/snapback]

Actually we get the MH tickets for confirm, but my mum got an idea to travel to Bangkok...the foods are delicious...somemore i can get more aircraft in my camera..BUT no 9M-MR* during trip.sad about that..Scheduled on 7 December and and back on 18 December..then again..back to Langkawi..haha

**praying to get 777 from PEN-Bangkok

Thai could be using A346 to Melbourne. The other day I saw an A346 parked at Auckland airport. The a/c flies from BKK-SYD-AKL.

Please check

waww, i tot their airbusses go to new york...

you'll be lucky if it goes to mel cos it has AVOD

Edited by Walter Sim

TG's deployed their 346 to MEL, however for some reason the MD11 is on again for the month of December. Maybe u could postphone ur trip to Jan or Feb? tongue.gif

The other thing is TG's infamous for last minute seat changes, which can be the difference between the new flat beds in C or ancient C seats which are no different from economy.

I think i'm going to Melbourne by Thai Aiways through Bangkok. (too bad.cant go for LIMA)

and now confirm we will get MD-11 for Bangkok - Mel route. Is there personal mini tv behind the chair? or just a big tv (not really big also tongue.gif ) for sharing?

Besides, how is it for Thai Aiways 744? We get 744 for Mel - Bangkok route.

I think sure has personal mini tv for entertainment right?

Anyone here has the experience of taking MD-11 of TG? Any pics ?

Thanks!

Maybe get a 777 from Penang to Bangkok and Bangkok to Penang for return flight

14293[/snapback]

Min Chun,

The only thing I can suggest you is to try www.airliners.net and go to "tripreports", no doubt, after do a search on TG, you'll get trippies there WITH pictures wink.gif

Easy for you to check on screens or PTV...

Sorry Min I misread your post, I missed the part about the 744. Generally 744s mean 2 things - either the oldest configuration (aka 7441) without PTVs or the newest one with PTVs and AVOD (aka 7443). With TG it's unpredictable like I said. But if the equipment changes to a 747 (aka 7442) you'll know for sure it has no PTVs. Good luck!

Everyone here! GOOD NEWS! I will get T777 from PEN-BKK , BKK to MEL!!!

HOOREY! Thanks for the comments and opinions guys! Pieter, I will try to search there..thanks!

Everyone here! GOOD NEWS! I will get T777 from PEN-BKK ,  BKK to MEL!!!

HOOREY! Thanks for the comments and opinions guys! Pieter, I will try to search there..thanks!

14515[/snapback]

Does the 777 operate BKK-MEL now??

Does the 777 operate BKK-MEL now??

14518[/snapback]

not sure..the travel company let me choose the seat and i saw 2-5-2. and he said is 777 also! so...? laugh.gif hope cna get 777. Walter..now not sure..frogot to ask what a/c to send us to BKK from PEN...may make a flight report after trip with pictures. Thanks!

****Latest

PEN-BKK

7 Dec 2005

Airbus 300-600(should be)

NO PTV

BKK-MEL

8 Dec 2005

Boeing 777

NO PTV

MEL-BKK

14 Dec 2005

Boeing 777

NO PTV

BKK-PEN

19 Dec 2005

Airbus 300-600(should be)

NO PTV

hahaha! good luck on the A3b6's. My reading light wasnt working in my last flight with them in their a310's. And i had a hard time understanding what they're trying to say. Took them three times for me to understand that is OUT OF ORDER.

Looking forward to your pics and reports MinChun!

hahaha! good luck on the A3b6's. My reading light wasnt working in my last flight with them in their a310's. And i had a hard time understanding what they're trying to say. Took them three times for me to understand that is OUT OF ORDER.

Looking forward to your pics and reports MinChun!

14679[/snapback]

Yeap ...now praying hardly not to get the A300 .... laugh.gif

KuanYinMah, Allah and Jesus..dont let me get the A300.. biggrin.gif (kidding)

not sure..the travel company let me choose the seat and i saw 2-5-2. and he said is 777 also! so...? 

14651[/snapback]

Min Chun, i believe the your TG BKK-MEL-BKK flight will be operated by 773. The seat layout in EY is (3-3-3) with 31" of pitch. Not (2-5-2)

While on the PEN-BKK sector, i think it will be TG 772 (if they really use 772 that day, the TG BKK/PEN sector is normally operated by AB6 and 333 during peak season). The seat layout in EY on TG 772 is (3-4-3) with 31" of pitch also. In C, it's in (2-4-2), as terrible as EK C in their 332 (2-3-2), EK got more pitch, though.

Thai Airways International

- B777-200 (A-market)

Business Class = 55 seats (seat pitch : 45"-46"), in (2-4-2)

Economy Class = 303 seats (seat pitch : 31"-32"), in (3-4-3)

*NO PTV

- B777-300

Business Class = 49 seats (seat pitch : 45"-46"), in (2-3-2)

Economy Class = 339 seats (seat pitch : 31"-32"), in (3-3-3)

*NO PTV

- B777-200ER (* on firm order)

Business Class = 30 seats (seat pitch : 60" FLAT-BED), in (2-2-2)

Economy Class = 279 seats (seat pitch : 31"-32"), in (3-3-3)

*PTV/AVOD in all classes

****The reconfiguration of ALL TG A-market 777 will start next year. The seat configuration of the A-market B777-200 will be EXACTLY the same as the B777-200ER.

Min Chun, i believe the your TG BKK-MEL-BKK flight will be operated by 773. The seat layout in EY is (3-3-3) with 31" of pitch. Not (2-5-2)

While on the PEN-BKK sector, i think it will be TG 772 (if they really use 772 that day, the TG BKK/PEN sector is normally operated by AB6 and 333 during peak season). The seat layout in EY on TG 772 is (3-4-3) with 31" of pitch also. In C, it's in (2-4-2), as terrible as EK C in their 332 (2-3-2), EK got more pitch, though.

Thai Airways International

- B777-200 (A-market)

Business Class = 55 seats (seat pitch : 45"-46"), in (2-4-2)

Economy Class = 303 seats (seat pitch : 31"-32"), in (3-4-3)

*NO PTV

- B777-300

Business Class = 49 seats (seat pitch : 45"-46"), in (2-3-2)

Economy Class = 339 seats (seat pitch : 31"-32"), in (3-3-3)

*NO PTV

- B777-200ER (* on firm order)

Business Class = 30 seats (seat pitch : 60" FLAT-BED), in (2-2-2)

Economy Class = 279 seats (seat pitch : 31"-32"), in (3-3-3)

*PTV/AVOD in all classes

****The reconfiguration of ALL TG A-market 777 will start next year. The seat configuration of the A-market B777-200 will be EXACTLY the same as the B777-200ER.

15183[/snapback]

But Isaac..i saw in their computer..their ticket reservation program there..they let me choose the seats...i didnt see anyone of them are 3-3-3. and sure 772ER have the PTV / AVOD ???? smile.gif

but will i get 772 for BKK-MEL route? or as you said..773-no ptv~ sad.gif

But Isaac..i saw in their computer..their ticket reservation program there..they let me choose the seats...i didnt see anyone of them are 3-3-3.

15203[/snapback]

Something wrong with their reservation system i guess ? I'm 100% sure that their non-ER aka A-market B777-200 all have 3-4-3 layout in EY. Exactly same as EK 777. EK got better pitch though.

and sure 772ER have the PTV / AVOD ????  smile.gif

15203[/snapback]

Yes. All TG 772ER will have PTV/AVOD in all classes. TG will start receiving their FIRST 772ER next year, if i'm not mistaken. The 8x non-ER 772 TG have now will have exactly the same seating arrangement/IFE as the new 772ER. The re-configuration of their 8x non-ER 772 will start next year.

but will i get 772 for BKK-MEL route? or as you said..773-no ptv~ sad.gif

15203[/snapback]

Erm .... i'm not sure either. I think for the MEL sector you are more likely to fly on the 773 instead of their 772. TG 773 fly as far as ATH. The last time TG flew their 773 to ATH was in 2003, i think.

All TG 777 don't have PTV (currently). Have a nice trip, Min Chun.

Edited by Isaac

Isaac, thanks for the great infos...I will try to get some pic and make a flight report then..

15960[/snapback]

You're welcome. Have a nice trip. Looking forward to read your trip report smile.gif

Haha Isaac, you are now an EK fan, aren't you?  biggrin.gif

16089[/snapback]

Not exactly Choong. Their service isn't so good. What i like about EK is their superb IFE and big big portion of EY foods tongue.gif

Sign in to follow this