Isaac

Frequent Flyer Programs

Hi all,

1. Which FFP's' are you belongs to ?

-

-

-

-

2. What do you think about it ? Good ? Pathetic ?

3. Will the miles accumulated expire ?

- Enrich (MH)

- WorldPerks (NW)

- Enrich (MH) is not so good, they rarely or should i say never offer bonus miles. WorldPerks (NW) is great. It's a shame we can't no longer earn WorldPerks miles on MAS domestic flights mad.gif

3. For Enrich (MH), yes but NO for WorldPerks (NW) as long as you have 1 activity every 3 years. Way to go WorldPerks (NW) tongue.gif

1. Which FFPs do you belongs to ?

- MH Enrich

- SQ KrisFlyer

- QF Frequent Flyer

-

2. What do you think about it ? Good ? Pathetic ?

- MH's Enrich is lousy compared to both SQ's and QF's.

3. Will the miles accumulated expire ?

- Yes for MH and now for QF, same conditions as NW. 1 activity every 3 years.

1. MAS Enrich FFP

- SQ Krisflyer for Star Alliance

- CX/KA Asia Miles for One World

2. No complains at the moment as I use Enrich quite often. Doesn't bother me that much.

3. Answers as above. Not to sure about Asia Miles.

Edited by S V Choong

1) I belong to quite a few but the ones I actually use are:

- United Airlines Mileage Plus (Premier Executive status/Star Gold)

- American Airlines AAdvantage (Platinim status/oneworld sapphire)

- Qantas Frequent Flyer (Silver status/ oneworld Ruby)

- Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus (nothing at the moment, but I hope to get TG Gold to replace my UA Star Gold status)

2) UA and AA offer very generous mileage accrual rates. Love the double EQMs and generous on departure upgrades (which are a blessing when flying domestic US services - trust me!), plus e-upgrade certs. AA's Platinum status is quite easy to achieve if you're booked in business/first/full economy (Y,B,H) fares frequently, and it doesn't enforce the 'minimum 4 AA sectors per year' rule so you can get AA Plat by travelling exclusively on its ow partners. TG, while having a very steep redemption rate, offers easy access to Star Alliance Gold - accrue 50 000 miles per calendar year (or 80 000 per 2 calendar years) and TG Gold is yours for 2 years! TG provides good service to its elites, automatically granting op ups for elites when the cabin is more than 90% full, and throws in a round trip upgrade certificate to boot (you get additional certs on your birthday, and when u re-qualify for TG Gold within a year)! As for QF - Frequent Flyer is a rip off -high redemption rates and difficult to gain status, plus poor service for elites, QF's program should be avoided unless most of ur travels take place within Australia and you've no choice.

Another FFP I must reccomend is Air Canada Aeroplan. Fly 35k miles within a year and AC Elite (Star Gold) is yours! This is of course if u only want the generic *G benefits like lounge access, priority boarding, priority baggage handling etc. But for those who visit Canada frequently and flies AC, Aeroplan Elite has good stuff going for it.

3) UA, AA, QF - No, as long as there's activity every 3 years

TG - yes

For more information on FFPs, go to www.flyertalk.com or webflyer.com. The former is a forum for frequent flyers to share tips and tricks, and the latter provides a comprehensive analysis of the different FFPs.

PM me if you wanna know more about FFPs - or just go to flyertalk. My handle there is 'QF009.'

Edited by Keith T

1.  MAS Enrich FFP

- SQ Krisflyer for Star Alliance

- CX/KA Asia Miles for One World

2.  No complains at the moment as I use Enrich quite often.  Doesn't bother me that much.

3.  Answers as above.  Not to sure about Asia Miles.

14252[/snapback]

Mileage earned on Asia Miles expire after 3 years, however for a service fee they can be renewed for another 3 years or transferred to another member you've nominated to be a part of ur redemption group.

1 - Top Bonus of Air-Berlin only:

I rate it VERY good: generates a minimum for Domestic flight (in any country, like Spain, UK) 500 miles - European mainland is 1000 miles - Canary Islands, Funchal and Egypt is 1500 miles.

They regularly have bonusses, like now on AMS-TXL generating 2000 miles per one-way, up to 31dec05 ohmy.gif

After 15000 miles you'll go to Silver Status and receive a voucher FOR A FREE FLIGHT (anywhere in their network): you can even fly to Egypt for free with this voucher - the voucher is valid for 1 year...every 15000 miles will generate one: so when reaching 30000 miles within 1 year you'll reach Gold status (and receive another voucher for another FREE FLIGHT (so now a FREE return ohmy.gif )

Gold status will add another 25% mileage, free bookable seats and 10% discount on on-board sales...

Mileage is valid for 2 years from date generating original ones...

Mind you: this is a LCC !!! wink.gif Check it out on www.airberlin.com under Top Bonus.

1 - Top Bonus of Air-Berlin only:

I rate it VERY good: generates a minimum for Domestic flight (in any country, like Spain, UK) 500 miles - European mainland is 1000 miles - Canary Islands, Funchal and Egypt is 1500 miles.

They regularly have bonusses, like now on AMS-TXL generating 2000 miles per one-way, up to 31dec05  ohmy.gif

After 15000 miles you'll go to Silver Status and receive a voucher FOR A FREE FLIGHT (anywhere in their network): you can even fly to Egypt for free with this voucher - the voucher is valid for 1 year...every 15000 miles will generate one: so when reaching 30000 miles within 1 year you'll reach Gold status (and receive another voucher for another FREE FLIGHT (so now a FREE return  ohmy.gif )

Gold status will add another 25% mileage, free bookable seats and 10% discount on on-board sales...

Mileage is valid for 2 years from date generating original ones...

Mind you: this is a LCC !!!  wink.gif Check it out on www.airberlin.com under Top Bonus.

14408[/snapback]

Wow sounds like a very easy way to achieve status. Must be cheap to do mileage runs on Air Berlin too. Pity LCCs dont belong to alliances hehehe.

True, however with this Top Bonus scheme, you can earn miles both on Niki (Austria) and Air Berlin...(so, there is some kind of alliance here wink.gif )

Also, you can earn mileage on certain car-rental and hotel-schemes (see their websites)...just received my voucher today in the mail, straight from Berlin-Germany (valid till 09-11-2006), and now "going" for my 2nd voucher, in order to go for a complete FREE return-flight (probably to Funchal/Portugal or the Canary Islands/Spain laugh.gif )

Wish EasyJet or Ryanair had something similar: they should reward their loyal customers the same way AB does...

How about AK ?

Those in Australia might wanna have a sneak peek at Virgin Blue's proposed FFP here.

What really caught my eye was the 'Earn partners' part which included a reference to 'international airlines.' I wonder whether that means only VS, or the entire Star Alliance (biggrin.gif) since they already codeshare with UA.

Edited by Keith T

Sign in to follow this