MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Hakan

Antalya International Airport (LTAI)

Antalya is one of biggest cities and located in south of Turkey. Also is very famous holiday center with near places in cost of east mediterran sea. When summer comes, population almost crossing by 10 times :) so there are going to be very crowded with tourists. The most of visitors comes from Russia, CIS and Baltic countries and then Europe.

Antalya International Airport is second largest airport after Istanbul in Turkey. There are two main runway which are in parallel approach use and additional 3rd runway for military and emergency in use.

here you are the pictures;

ground operation in Antalya

http://www.sanalpilot.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11432

action in Antalya;

http://www.sanalpilot.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11461

Hakan,

Thanks a lot for the links:

These pictures are stunning as well as the traffic there - yahoo: IL86's !!! :yahoo:

Pieter, IL86 is really cute aircraft in my opinion, also I always like her front stairs under belly. Wait for other pictures, I'm sure there are too many pictures in Murat's archives. Ahh meanwhile, AIREX 2008 exhibiton at 12-15June, if you have chance to visit again contact with Ilgaz if you wish.

(for curious guys, look at front section of her, you will see a door under belly, it is not cargo door)

Fabulous pictures Hakan...

hmm...anybody free around the 12th of June for a day trip to Istanbul?

AIREX 2008 exhibiton at 12-15June, if you have chance to visit again contact with Ilgaz if you wish.

Sorry, will be off to Sai Gon that weekend for big event there :pardon: :yahoo:

Great stuff man! I come to AYT this year! When can you meet me over there? Hehe stuff is amazing. I've been there twice but ... where you take those helluva good shots from? :drinks: :pardon:

Cornelis, first of all, I wish you enjoy in Antalya if you come again.I advise visit historical places around Antalya and keep away Russian girls, becouse they are not innocent girls anymore! :) crimes is growing up at Antalya when summer and russian comes! Be carefull if you rent a motorbike, Turkey traffic is not like anywhere! :)

Murat has been there with a special permission in Airport ramp and Air Traffic Control facilities.He has good relationship with some of authorised peoples.He goes to Antalya once or twice in a year and takes great picture like theese.

you can take the picture around the airport but keep away fences and guard observation towers. If you have a nice telezoom or a zoom, you can take your position near at approach path of 36R or 36C(by depends of winds direction). I'll ask my friends for safely places to take pictures for you.

Sorry, will be off to Sai Gon that weekend for big event there :pardon: :yahoo:

Big Event??.... and 'Honeymoon' in other topic.....

Hmmm.. good enough to be as 'hints' here....

Are you going to spill the beans here, Pieter? Would you let us know the 'big secret'... is it the 'big question'?

Big Event??.... and 'Honeymoon' in other topic.....

You answered the 'big question' yourself already... :lol:

Pieter, do you hide something? :) I didn't read "honeymoon" topic, is there any news?

OT:

unc Pieter, looking at your siggy, hmmm.... is the Big Day somewhere in June? Somewhere between these dates?:

15jun2008 CX0765 HKG-SGN 330

23jun2008 3K0556 SGN-SIN 320

Edited by Yusoff

Pieter, do you hide something? :) I didn't read "honeymoon" topic, is there any news?

OT:

unc Pieter, looking at your siggy, hmmm.... is the Big Day somewhere in June? Somewhere between these dates?:

Guys,

OT: for both of you: YES... :pardon:

Sign in to follow this