MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
H Azmal

MAS B735

My first post since I came back to NZ...... smile.gif

Azmal, I think it was due to the Asian Financial Crsis and MAS wanted to streamline the fleet commonality and stick with the 734s only? MAS probably found that the 735s didn't help them a lot and couldn't find a proper role for it?

Very likely they are streamlining the a/c fleet but I still don't think they should discard them...They suited tiny routes nicely such as KUL-IPH vv. and possibly some other ASEAN routes.

These 735s were sold to other operators around 98-99, mostly to Air France and BA. Air France transfered them to other operators such as CSA and Aerolineas Argentina.

Really miss them...only flew with this type once... sad.gif

Which begs the question as to whether a proper (or any) feasibility & suitability study was ever conducted before opting for the 734 and 735 combination.

Yes, it's very convenient to now brush it off as a decision made during the "TR" era ; but is MH any wiser now ? Remember, there are still the 734 and F50 replacement programmes outstanding

The 734/735 was bought long before the TR era. At its peak MH had nine of the shortie. There is almost no difference with the 734 except the air-cond panel, which is the same as the 733 and 732 air-cond panel.

And somehow the 735 is a bot warmer in the cabin too. Other than that, of course there is less seats and lighter weight.

The last 735 left MH circa 2000. I did manage to command the last one a few times just before it left the fleet.

Sign in to follow this