MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

Odd shots

Mind to share how does "nose wheel steering" works ??? I am sorry, I do not know what is the proper name for that. :sorry:

How to know the nose wheel is straight when prepare to t/o ??

Another question would be how to know the rudder pedal is in neutral position as well ??

Real sorry for OT questions.

No problem Loh...

On the 777,the nose wheel steering control lever is called a tiller,it basically works at low speed below about 80knots,to help maneuvering on taxi.You control it by cranking the lever between the position of the arrows as in photo 3.The centralised position is marked at the center(hidden from view)between the range of the arrows.Thats basically how you keep the NWS centered.

As far as I am aware,the rudder position can only be confirmed at center thru the flt controls page at the lower MFD(multi function display)when you select it.There is no marking whatsoever on the pedals...you only do it by feel.

Hope that helps.. ;)

No problem Loh...

On the 777,the nose wheel steering control lever is called a tiller,it basically works at low speed below about 80knots,to help maneuvering on taxi.You control it by cranking the lever between the position of the arrows as in photo 3.The centralised position is marked at the center(hidden from view)between the range of the arrows.Thats basically how you keep the NWS centered.

As far as I am aware,the rudder position can only be confirmed at center thru the flt controls page at the lower MFD(multi function display)when you select it.There is no marking whatsoever on the pedals...you only do it by feel.

Hope that helps.. ;)

I am always amazed how the pilot able to taxy the plane perfectly on the "taxiway strip". Thanks for your sharing.

Somehow I'm drawn to the 'humble' map light, looks like it's defrosting :p Cool pictures :)

My odd shot.. wanted to take the jelly fish photo, but shutter speed so slow and it's too late...

P3240003.jpg

I am always amazed how the pilot able to taxy the plane perfectly on the "taxiway strip". Thanks for your sharing.

when i first started to fly with MAS...the instructors always tell me...

qoute :

"Keep the centreline on your left ball...you'll be alright!!"

unquote:

hahahha :rofl:

when i first started to fly with MAS...the instructors always tell me...

qoute :

"Keep the centreline on your left ball...you'll be alright!!"

unquote:

hahahha :rofl:

that sounds very wrong eventhough I don't understand why only left :rofl:

It will eventually be the right ball when u become capt hehehe.. :pardon:

It will eventually be the right ball when u become capt hehehe.. :pardon:

Finally I got the joke ! :lol:

Come on guys !! MOOOARR shots !! Share em !!

was on my way back from Manila last nite when i took these shots...

weather was not good for the first 3 hours & managed to somehow salvage some shots...

low lite & shaking aircraft made shooting almost impossible...no tripod & left the gorillapod in my bag upfront in the cockpit...~sigh~

anyway...introducing to you...

"the GROTTO"...

this is where it all happens...

& what happens in the Grotto...stays in the Grotto 8)

1) the entry & exit path...gotta be careful here...can be slippery sometimes :p

DSC_8768a.jpg

2) the common area...where we get to see what is not to be told out of the Grotto :spiteful:

DSC_8772a.jpg

3) the place where it all happens...hehehe :diablo:

DSC_8762a.jpg

4) closer...closer...its getting cold now :air_kiss:

DSC_8757a.jpg

5) just in case...to be used when out of breath :blush:

DSC_8786a_filtered.jpg

hehehehe :p

DB

Goodness - thanks for sharing, never seen those places before ! Presumably crew rest area but what bird was that on ?

Goodness - thanks for sharing, never seen those places before ! Presumably crew rest area but what bird was that on ?

hehehe...it is the crew bunk a.k.a the Grotto...on EY's 777-300ER...

DB 8)

DB 8)

Bro,very nice shots of the bunk...colors spot on!! :clapping: already got your new PC+Spyder ke?..so,the question is,what happen in the 'Grotto'?? :rolleyes: ..hee..hee..

Bro,very nice shots of the bunk...colors spot on!! :clapping: already got your new PC+Spyder ke?..so,the question is,what happen in the 'Grotto'?? :rolleyes: ..hee..hee..

hehehe...what happened in the Grotto...stays in the Grotto... ;)

still with the laptop larrr...no PC as yet...& no spider...but i know a fren who's got one :p

DB 8)

Which part of the plane is this?

I really want to knw where this Grotto sanctuary is placed in the T73.. is it the front portion of the plane or the rear or the middle? And yeah.. in picture 3 & 4, where does the light come from that gives that such reflection on the carpet.. ?? Do we have this thingy on Malaysian T7? TK any idea?? hehe

I really want to knw where this Grotto sanctuary is placed in the T73.. is it the front portion of the plane or the rear or the middle?

777 vs A340

crew-cabins-0106.gif

From Boeing's 772ER graphics

777aftresttopfs2.jpg

Thanks, Denny, useful info. I guess that's where my T7 captain-friend met his (present) second wife. :p

Thanks, Denny, useful info. I guess that's where my T7 captain-friend met his (present) second wife. :p

Cool...assuming he's Muslim, his quota not reached yet, there's still room for 2 more. :rofl: :rofl:

On a more serious issue...airlines have disciplinary actions if hanky-panky occurs between crew onboard a/c or within co premises...duty or off-duty. More than 10 years ago, SIA sacked their pilot and a cabin crew. Both were "caught" by another crew in the washroom onboard an SQ 747 returning to SIN. Both were sent to the co disciplinary board, and despite both being off-duty, they were sacked.

Given that Singapore emulates law-abiding society plus "everything must be black and white"...I bet SQ has a rule-book on this.

I bet CSI's would love to work on clue's in these areas.. there must have been lots of evidence <_>