MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohd Azizul Ramli

A Possible Merger of MH and SQ

aiyo, why SQ needs MH.they are far more better in any corner compare to MH. the MH tidak apa attitude....make me sick.those tidak apa people should be killed. they are the bad mole la

aiyo, why SQ needs MH.they are far more better in any corner compare to MH. the MH tidak apa attitude....make me sick.those tidak apa people should be killed. they are the bad mole la

Syd,

I understand the need to voice an opinion and the notion of free speech. But let's not get too carried away with it shall we?

I just realised that I haven't share this news yet. This 'new' rumour is not quite new, it has been going around for several months actually in A.Net.

MH is in talk with Kuwait Airways for a possible merger, which involve the selling of some % of MH's stakes to Kuwait Airways. When I first heard the news, it seems unexpected because MH and Kuwait Airways had minimal/almost no connection before. In terms of the airlines itself, MH is in a totally different league (and star ranking) than Kuwait Airways. Although the Kuwaiti airlines may be inferior than MH, we can't deny the fact that the country is awfully rich. Kuwait also in many arena, has been scouting for numerous business acquitisions abroad, much apparent through their powerful state own bank, Kuwait Finance House (KFH).

So, if you happen to stumble upon any articles that lead to this news, a merger between Malaysia Airlines and Kuwait Airways, please share it in this thread.

looking on the bright side of a merger/sale of stake in MH.....

in comes a new player with more corporate business acumen (hope this does not make MH sound as if it is as blur as sotong) - this may augur well as then the domination and meddling in decision making will also be affected, Imagine really running it like a money making airline company, keeping bad decisions at bay (say possibly no more mealboxes - do i hear applause from our forumers in here!!!), Government Servants will not be able to travel expensive thus saving taxpayer's money.

an interesting point of reference - sri lankan with emirates..... will it happen in the future?

with SQ's involvement - "affluent south managing the pride of the north!!" - QUOTE - how a malaysian company be run by outsiders, no it must be run exclusively only by Malaysians..... deadlock isn't it? remember when one of our mobile telco sale to singapore was stopped some years back? national pride will get in the way......

likewise, SQ being a shining star of the airline industry and the pride of singapore may think twice or more if it wants an alliance with somebody like above...... SQ already have Virgin in their portfolio as well (hint - think pessimistic to picture the negativity)!

go figure...... both airlines have close Government links, except one is managed so well that it is profitable, renowned, a market leader, innovative, (and the list goes on)......

Whatever the possibility, the malaysian government will always protect the malaysian interest 1st which block any possible deals with any other airlines.

Whatever the possibility, the malaysian government will always protect the malaysian interest 1st which block any possible deals with any other airlines.

It is the gomen duty to protect national interest. However, ‘national interest’ is very often used for other objectives while the rakyat are left paying for the excessive cost :finger:

In the 90’s, one telco guy owned a national airline for ‘national service’ while huge sum of money was siphoned from the airline :angry:

:drinks:

Did somebody read this forum a.net??

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/g...d.main/3968354/

I wounder why people must say MAS should merger with SIA..why not with Thai Airways ke,Cathay Pacific ke..

by the way..malaysia and singopore goverment have lots of bilateral issues need to solve 1st..even tambak johor issue both side can't agree,now we talking about national carrier issue??unless both goverment dah xada keje,then this issue i think will good issue to talk..

I wounder why people must say MAS should merger with SIA..why not with Thai Airways ke,Cathay Pacific ke..

by the way..malaysia and singopore goverment have lots of bilateral issues need to solve 1st..even tambak johor issue both side can't agree,now we talking about national carrier issue??unless both goverment dah xada keje,then this issue i think will good issue to talk..

To protect the national interest will also hinder the possibility of having a succesful merger as well. Take a close look at Proton, they have nothing now simply by the arrogant reflected by our PM. Most of the time, Malaysian think they are great but in fact they are not, shame for the government of Malaysia.

To protect the national interest will also hinder the possibility of having a succesful merger as well. Take a close look at Proton, they have nothing now simply by the arrogant reflected by our PM. Most of the time, Malaysian think they are great but in fact they are not, shame for the government of Malaysia.

One step at a time leh ! :)

You certainly do not want to be seen in negotiations with multiple parties at the same time; gives the impression of prostituting oneself under these current difficult times :)

One step at a time leh ! :)

You certainly do not want to be seen in negotiations with multiple parties at the same time; gives the impression of prostituting oneself under these current difficult times :)

I can understand that.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ..is not like an "open tender" system :pardon:..i try to understand why not we suggest/think MAS should merger with others operator beside SIA..because i see,most of us see that MAS+SIA=MSA?? :nea: :nea: why not MAS try negotiate with CX at first place :good: ..i don't see that MAS should merger with SIA if it necessary, even both airline come from 1 airline identity before,MSA..

My personal opinion,if MAS need to merger like KLM-Air France,i much pleasure to see it happen with other airline than SIA.. :p :P :p

My personal opinion is SQ does not needs MH simply that they have a more superior product than MH.

Edited by Kenneth T

Your Airliners link will answer to post no 53 in this forum,

The reason why sq is always associated is simply because historically they were linked as MSA back then... this come as a no "wonder"

But I agree - CX / TG can also be a good option as well... not withstanding what their thoughts are on the MH.

Air France - KLM,

SQ has shares in Virgin,

someother airline and MH, possible??

There was actually another thread in A.Net where one of the forumer (a non Malaysian) specifically mentioned MH is in talk with Kuwait Airways and the talk involved a selling of some % of MH's shareholdings. The forumer also included MH's recent codeshare agreement with EY in his reply. I will try to locate it and post the link here if I manage to find it.

Anyway, MH may have a better chance with the Arabs. The Arabs have always (in many fields) fancy Malaysia(n), so hopefully the talk with Kuwait Airways (if it is true) will be fruitful. I think it's about time the government only hold a 51% shares in MH (as opposed to 70% at the moment). A higher foreign stakes will result in the betterment of the carrier.

Sign in to follow this