MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Azri M.

MASwings goes live with on-line booking

MASwings flights can finally be booked online, with a better booking interface.

Definitely with the inclusion of online booking, it is easier for ppl to plan their holidays.

http://www.dailyexpress.com.my/news.cfm?NewsID=54641

[/color]

MASwings goes live with on-line booking

Kuala Lumpur: MASwings, a subsidiary of Malaysia Airlines operating in Sabah and Sarawak will enable travellers to book and pay for their flights to any MASwings destination effective Saturday.

Customers can book through www.maswings.com.my, the company said in a statement here Friday.

The airline said the online booking tool streamlines the booking process by guiding users through a series of quick and simple steps and flexible search function to give customer an idea of the entire range of fares between any two destinations including the lowest possible fare available, including taxes.

"This new service allows our customers the flexibility of scheduling their travel plans at any time while ensuring they get the cheapest airfares to choose from," managing director Dr Amin Khan said.

He said once all flight and passenger details are entered, the booking is finalised through a secure credit card payment process.

The customer will then be presented with a full printable itinerary of his or her travel arrangements.

MASwings, which commenced operations last Oct 10, offers 451 weekly flights and serves 21 destinations in Sarawak and Sabah.-Bernama

Edited by Azri M.

Thanks for the link Azri, but I really wonder when can Maswing performs like Firefly, like giving away cheap tickets... The fares they offered are simply too much!

Thanks for the link Azri, but I really wonder when can Maswing performs like Firefly, like giving away cheap tickets... The fares they offered are simply too much!

Don't think they will give cheap tix, i guess MASwings is not created to sell tickets cheaply, but there maybe sales though.

Don't think they will give cheap tix, i guess MASwings is not created to sell tickets cheaply, but there maybe sales though.

I think mostly due to lack of competition. Unlike Firefly which has to compete with AK, and also better transportation as compared to Borneo here, which people rely heavily on it. :angry:

MASwings tickets for F50 routes are very expensive. People complain that FAX sucked, but MASwings is worse than ever. How dare they charge expensive fares to fly on decades-old junk aircraft.

cakap pandai!!

isn't a forum meant for people to "cakap" and discuss? unless if they're to give me a managerial post, perhaps then you can quote me with that. you've been like this all throughout the forum, can't we like have a healthy discussion? i don't see that coming from your side though.

Clever people can make good things happen, like low fares for everyone to enjoy.

Less clever people can bankrupt a multi billion dollar airline overnight.

Edited by Rozhan

seems to be the traditional ball throwing game. the issue is hardly tackled or even given a piece of thought or at least a proper discussion. thing i don't understand is from my very little understanding that the operational costs for running the RAS is subsidised. the problem that FAX had back then was poor maintenance which led to improper scheduling of flights. so now, when you have a proper schedule, proper flights, why does it have to cost you a fortune to fly? they're definitely heads up when it comes to maintenance and experience in running an airline, but the fares seems to be twice the fare i can get elsewhere.

since i have been regarded the "cakap pandai" person, i'd love to have some statistics to back whatever i've been saying all along.

was planning to book my tickets to sdk over in Jan last night, and i was indeed excited to fly on a F50. but looking at the prices, i decided not to.

comparisonpq1.jpg

even worse, the online booking shows an error on those dates whilst the schedule says there's a daily flight on the F50 to SDK and from SDK to BKI everyday!

The choice ain't difficult, right ? : 130 RM for a jet-flight or 250 RM for a prop-flight :pardon:

Sign in to follow this