MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Keno Omar

MH leisure subsidiary route map

Before anyone got excited that there'll be a new airline, this is just MY proposed route map.

MH_leisure_small.jpg

CLICK FOR FULL-SIZE VERSION

I got this idea from a thread posted here few weeks ago about the lack of MH international services to Sabah.

I see there is a market for a MH subsidiary to serve the largely leisure-based, low-yield but high-demand routes from BKI, KCH, PEN and LGK. This will not only provide the much-needed direct connectivity to these cities but also help consolidate all of MH mainline (largely business-oriented) routes in KUL.

Destinations like FUK which apparently no longer feasible for nonstop operations from KUL could be made one-stop via BKI to cash in on the tourism market. This of course would require considerable marketing programme by Sabah Tourism, Tourism Malaysia and MH to further promote the state in Japan, China, Korea etc. PEN could once again get its international services to MAA and NRT, which have been long axed by MH. As for the routes from KUL, business destinations such as PVG and CAN are to be served by mainline MH, while leisure destinations such as Xian and Guilin are served separately [see SQ-SilkAir].

With the present MH one-size-fits-all business model, it doesn't make much sense to target both business and leisure markets on the same network, hence it doesn't surprise us when MH claim that they could not make a so-and-so destination workable despite the apparently big demand. MH could either step up to serve and expand these leisure routes, or just to let AK-AKX continue to make MH obsolete.

Glad to see you view so highly of KCH international routes. KCH is long ovedue of international connectivity. :drinks:

Glad to see you view so highly of KCH international routes. KCH is long ovedue of international connectivity. :drinks:

Lets all chip in and created a new airline. MRX, Malaysian Regional Express and operate EMB 170 and 190!!! Hahaha!

let me count, singapore, pontianak, and ... err...

not including chartered flights and those transit somewhere flights (i.e. the kch-bki-hkg) hor...

Sign in to follow this