MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Radzi

AK RTB?

Caught these pictures today.

AAYto.jpg

AAYldg.jpg

Nothing strange until you look at the time.

First picture (takeoff) was taken at 1658. The second one (landing) was taken at 1728. With only 30 minutes interval there is no way aircraft could have landed anywhere else.

Anybody has any explaination?

Edited by Radzi

line training, or endorsement, mulfunction... ? :unknw:

Endorsement: circuit and landing. Usually not done in KUL.

Line training: normal flight.

Malfunction: most likely the reason. But what malfunction?

engines seems to be ok...both reverser well deployed...hmmmm..

or maybe bad weather at arrival, so they decide to turn back to KUL..

Edited by Mohd Idham

or maybe bad weather at arrival, so they decide to turn back to KUL..

hmmmm bad weather, most unlikely (i think)...30min in flight then turn back, within peninsular m'sia destination?

Could be some instrument not working well..??? Sick passengers? cabin pressure?? I dunno.. but certainly not toilet breaking down and somebody is too eagerly needing to ease off :p

I thought AK claimed to be 100% Airbus last June?
there are still boeings based out of KUL if im not mistaken.anyway whats the hangar behind AK's in KLIA?

Yes were now 100% A320 at KUL,there are some B733 from hubs come to KUL for flights to BND or to RON at KUL,since now B733 are redistributed among the hubs (JHB,KCH,BKI).9M-AAY had some hydraulic problems,most probably that may have caused it to RTB .Sorry for being off topic here,but yesterday I did KUL/HAN/KUL flight,and my FO said that the pax lining up at the MH counter in HAN did not number more than 50.Hows the pax figures for HAN in MH ops?Now were doing 2 flights daily to HAN and the pax figures are moderate ,having between 100 -150 pax each way and each flight.And if hes having a light load,why didnt he go for FL360 instead of FL340,while we opted for FL380 on outbound and passing South of BKK we climbed to FL390 whereas the MH757 descended to FL330,heavy flight maybe.Having flown the B737 classic before ,I think the max operating altitude will be FL370,shouldnt it be a prob to fly at FL350 unless that crz altitude is not available to them I suppose.

Sign in to follow this