MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kenn Leong

Best MH F seat on 744

Hi All,

Good news :) I secured a F seat on a one way upgrade from LAX-KUL!!!

Bought a D ticket and used 50000 miles to upgrade to F :) I know i know it's a lot of miles just for the one sector but i thoguht why not give it a try as i don't think down the line i would have many opportunities to give F a go :) Also it's a longggggggg flight. Was either going to do this leg in F or my other SYD-KUL, KUL-SYD in F.

My question is which seats best in F on the 744? Or is there no bad seat?:)

I have booked seat 2A for now :)

And what should i expect in terms of service :)

I believe i will be getting 2 different set of crews? Asit goes LAX-TPE-KUL.

Wondered any members here has done this flight in F on the new retrofitted F class? One question i couldnt get an answer on is whether i can qualify to get a limo to pick me up from my hotel in LA and drop me off at LAX?

Comments appreciated :)

Cheers,

Kenn.

AFAIK, Limo only provided to full fare pax even you are not upgraded to F, based on D fare (GCCL) you also not entitled. :sorry:

Row 2 should be the best seat among others! Good Luck Man!

Edited by Robin

Thanks Keith :)

Lets hope they serve caviar! I havent had a chance to try caviar on any airliner before, so would be good to start here!

Hey man, i didnt know youre already a mw members...at least not until i read your post here...well, i suppose MH F class is superb no matter where ure sitting. Enjoy the luxury in the skies...ya :rolleyes:

Thanks Kenneth!

I've been here for a while! :p

Still going to NRT during xmas ?:)

Hey man, i didnt know youre already a mw members...at least not until i read your post here...well, i suppose MH F class is superb no matter where ure sitting. Enjoy the luxury in the skies...ya :rolleyes:

Thanks Keith :)

Lets hope they serve caviar! I havent had a chance to try caviar on any airliner before, so would be good to start here!

Caviar on the ground is MUCH better.

It's very hard to source caviar these days and the ones onboard most airlines are usually sub-standard.

I think the only airline which still serves quality caviar is LH. Haven't tried the new QF ones yet though.

Extrapolating my experience on TG F, since they are the same seats, I agree with the row 2 suggestion. :)

Edited by Keith T

Nice, been my dream to fly in MH first :drinks:

Do share the TR :good:

My question is which seats best in F on the 744? Or is there no bad seat?:)

And what should i expect in terms of service :)

I believe i will be getting 2 different set of crews? Asit goes LAX-TPE-KUL.

Wondered any members here has done this flight in F on the new retrofitted F class? One question i couldnt get an answer on is whether i can qualify to get a limo to pick me up from my hotel in LA and drop me off at LAX?

All seats are the best :pardon:

Service, expect beyond expectation :drinks:

Yes, two different crews

You might, but I'm sure Imran is right. It's fast getting to LA at night, barely any cars.

Edited by Seth K

All seats are the best :pardon:

But some are 'best'-er than others. ;)

Edited by Keith T

But thou the seats are all align by the window, hence there's no different except the first row bulkhead. Or perhaps ur window view preference, on ur right or left.

2A is window seat, port side. Good choice for u to enjoy looking outside & first class service. But cant see the wing tho...

BTW, do u know what Rego u're using??? Please, i really wanna know!!! :D

Edited by Jerry Ang

Guest Fendy

congrats, havent tried the new F class, but im sure any seat is just as good.

enjoy your flight!

Thanks guys for the feedback! :)

Will definitely do a TR.

Hmm not sure on the rego, is there a way to tell preflight?:) By the way the flight is still a while to go. Jan 08.

Will stick to 2A then:)

p.s. somehow i wish LAX-NRT-KUL existed so perhaps we can get Jap crew :) i know kenneth T would love this hahah.

LAX-TPE-KUL, do we get Taiwanese crew or is it mainly local MH crew?

Edited by k3nnis

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the info. Did you travel in new F? Is this a popular route? i.e. always full?

Cheers,

K.

I have been on this flight before! IT should be all Malaysians Crew. :rolleyes:

Guest Fendy
Hi Robin,

Thanks for the info. Did you travel in new F? Is this a popular route? i.e. always full?

Cheers,

K.

this route is very popular. when i flew, F was full and so was J, im pretty sure Y was full too.

Hi Fendy,

i see. I'm flying on a MOnday, don't know if the load will be lighter compared to a weekend? I was surprised i could get a F upgrade award seat :)

Cheers,

K.

this route is very popular. when i flew, F was full and so was J, im pretty sure Y was full too.

Guest Fendy
Hi Fendy,

i see. I'm flying on a MOnday, don't know if the load will be lighter compared to a weekend? I was surprised i could get a F upgrade award seat :)

Cheers,

K.

not sure about that, but typically the TPE-LAX sector will be full.

well, i doubt that most F seats are fare paying pax. mostly will be upgrades or crew family.

Hi Robin,

Cheers,

K.

I was flying on C class. C class is always full due to long haul flight.

not sure about that, but typically the TPE-LAX sector will be full.

well, i doubt that most F seats are fare paying pax. mostly will be upgrades or crew family.

I suppose the flight is code share with Air India? Therefore, it is always full <_<

Congrats on the upgrade to First Class, Kenn !!! :drinks:

No doubt, you'll enjoy this service a lot - MH crews are 5-star when it comes to making you 'feel at home', even in EY class ;)

Thanks Pieter :) Can't wait for the trip :)

Congrats on the upgrade to First Class, Kenn !!! :drinks:

No doubt, you'll enjoy this service a lot - MH crews are 5-star when it comes to making you 'feel at home', even in EY class ;)

Guest Fendy
I was flying on C class. C class is always full due to long haul flight.

I suppose the flight is code share with Air India? Therefore, it is always full <_<

yes, i flew C class as well, and it was full. KUL-TPE sector was about 80% though, still enough space to move around. LAX-TPE in C was 100%, F was nearly full, i was still offered a seat in F for landing.

Oh i see. I'm actually flying the other way round. i.e. not TPE-LAX. Instead i am flying LAX-TPE-KUL not sure if that makes any difference!

my guess is the load will be pretty much the same, pretty full. but it shouldnt be a problem, because even though its full, it is very quiet and relaxing. i really pity pax in Y out of LAX, TBIT is the trash.

Edited by Fendy

Hi Fendy,

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah i heard LAX TBIT is not a very pleasant place! I wonder if LHR is worse or LAX?:)

Cheers,

K.

yes, i flew C class as well, and it was full. KUL-TPE sector was about 80% though, still enough space to move around. LAX-TPE in C was 100%, F was nearly full, i was still offered a seat in F for landing.

my guess is the load will be pretty much the same, pretty full. but it shouldnt be a problem, because even though its full, it is very quiet and relaxing. i really pity pax in Y out of LAX, TBIT is the trash.

Sign in to follow this