MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Surendra S.

Where are we heading within the General Aviation industry ? Do we really know the essence of General Aviation.

Here we have topics posted in the General Aviation under this title. However, why is everyone talking about airline business and its concerns when they are not related to General Aviation. General Aviation is all businesses and activities unrelated to airlines or military or armed forces flying activities. Norman, Imran, Sandeep and Andrew .... good job. Over the last few days, I have read and seen your keen interest in the field of Aviation. Have you ever organised any live forums to further enhance this online forum. I am sure that like me, many of us are just passionate about this industry as the other. I also read the article by THE OBSERVANT ONE..... Not very observant the way I see it. It takes a lot more than to complain about foreign registered aircraft operating in Malaysia. Have you given thought about the pain of OWNING an aircraft in Malaysia. Do you know about the support that the banking community has given towards our industry that is still very much in the infancy stages. We are in a totally misunderstood industry as not many really understand what GA is all about. So lets stop talking about "Not so rosy times for aviation community". Let the foreigners come in troves and lend us a hand in making this industry MUCH MORE VISIBLE. Forget the fact that they are taking away jobs or opportunities from the locals. We still have a lot more to learn about GA and they are creating new markets for us to grow.

The comments on one off flights given to foreign aircrafts operated by locals overseas is totally baseless. All this as in Malaysia is done on a case to case basis. When an aircraft is leased out, the registered owner usually is sticky especially when it comes to deregistering their aicraft from the native country's register especially when there are legal concerns, licensing, etc. Let's welcome one and welcome all till we are self sufficient and even then continue to welcome foreigners. There is economic growth here...... At the same time lets learn and create a market for ourselves. Comments please.

The Aviator :clapping:

Mr. The Aviator,

Welcome to MW. I could sense a lot more healthy discussions on aviation industry in the future with you as an active member. :good:

Shall we call you 'The' or 'Aviator'?

ewan.

We can start discussion if we know who you are.....where are you from...

Here, we all use our real name, thats the rule...

Edited by Mohd Idham

The Aviator, your thoughts are sensible. Like Ewan, I can foresee insightful ideas out of the healthy discussions that would be taking place in the future. Especially for a person like me who does not really understand the aviation industry (may it be general or airline), I would benefit by reading your (those knowledgable ones) posts.

First, "The Aviator" should be changed into something of your real name, because the forum rule says so... :D

Just call me The Aviator if you guys could make an exception. By the way, my real name is Surendra Singam. CEO of Aerohawk Air Sdn Bhd. We set up banner towing in 1999 with a light aircraft (Aviat Husky) pulling large banners across the skies all over Peninsular Malaysia.We relocated our business to Perth, Australia and do quite a bit of aviation consulting now. I truly have the industry at heart and am totally impressed with this online community as I see this as a positive step for the industry as a whole. Whether someone is in the industry or otherwise, there is a lot of fun in GA if you can just give in your time..... Thanks for the kind welcome guys !

The Aviator

But i belive that everyone in this forum uses their real names because thats the rule. I think you should send gavin a personal message to change your name before his blood boils! ;)

Its a nice topic....but it would be nicer if we could use our REAL NAME....we all here are "The Aviator" in the first place....

Rules are rules, this site is for people who obey rules.....no matter who you are....please contact administration to change your name...

after that, we can start our discussion on related sub-forum...

by the way, welcome to MalaysianWings.

I note the operative word 'General.'

I believe ur concerns are addressed by the delineation of the 2 subforums, 'General Aviation' and 'Line Maintenance.'

Not everyone is as enthusiastic about the technical side of aviation - others like myself are more concerned with inflight product, the concerns of the airline business - financial, political and otherwise, or general tips on travel. A myriad of interests is represented on MW and that is what makes MW such an interesting place to be.

Edited by Keith T

Sign in to follow this