MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Alan B.

Foreign registered private aircraft

Following is in the Opinion section of The Star today.......

Wednesday May 30, 2007

Not so rosy times for aviation community

IT IS great to see that many corporate leaders are starting to embrace the aviation industry all over again.

Needless to say most of them are buying executive jets and helicopters to help them move around quicker and more effectively.

However it is not all rosy and good for the aviation community.

Presently, a great number of these aircrafts and helicopters are not registered in the country and are being operated by foreigners.

We have aircraft permanently based in the country but registered in Bermuda, the Philippines, Indonesia, United States and Australia.

Our neighbours, Thailand and Indonesia, do not allow privately operated foreign-registered aircraft to be based permanently on their soil.

Foreign-registered aircraft cannot operate within their country with local citizens on board unless it is an international flight.

A foreign-registered aircraft can only fly on a one-off basis and every flight will be identified with its own flight clearance number.

What makes matters worst is that cargo aircraft operate for more then six months doing revenue flights without any assertive action being taken by the relevant ministry.

THE OBSERVANT ONE,

Shah Alam, Selangor.

I don't bother. Seeing them flying around is satisfying enough. If they use our fuel and maybe pay parking fees that's money to the country. What about service facilities?

In this flat world, assets can be moved easily especially private jets. What’s wrong to own or operate foreign registered aircraft?

:drinks:

I think the cargo airline the writer is refering to is the Gading Sari ( one crashed in KCH )that operate the flights for Pos Malaysia. Are these airlines/aircrafts operating to the same standard that are expected of Malaysian registered aircrafts?

What is the problem of having foreign registered or local registered aircraft? I mean... What is the point of him posting this opinion? What's wrong with those aircraft?

Like Maarof mentioned, what they used is earned by the government. And I don't see any reason prohibiting those aircraft operated domestically, since that will attract foreign invester either. On top of that, disallowing foreign investor use their aircraft here will only makes them go away... Isn't it?

Aiyah, you don't realize some people express their patriotism in such ways one meh ?! :)

Wuahaha~~!! But in way they are not... Hehe...

Sign in to follow this