MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Isaac Christie

Pilots Involved in SQ Taiwan Crash Still flying?

Was having a conversation with some friends today and none of us knew what had happened to the pilots of the ill-fated 747 SQ006 which collided with machinery on take-off from the wrong runway from Taiwan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_Airlines_Flight_006

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2000/nov2000/air-07n.shtml

Is the Malaysian Cpt. C.K. Foong and crew still flying? or did that accident end their career?

After all it was proven that there were many contributing factors to the crash and not merely "pilot error" as was said by Chang Yu-hern, director-general of Taiwan's airport authority.

PS: I have also posted this question at Aeromalaysia

Greetings to all MW members

Regarding the topic posted, as far as i know (from a VERY RELIABLE SOURCE), the captain of that ill-fated flight is currently flying, though not with SQ...

Its with a local airliner....but that leaves a question mark....how did he got his license back after all the ruckus following the crash? Puzzled me 'coz i did not believe it in the first place....

I'm sorry, but I honestly believe this conversation is very appropriate. The crew and those involved in this accident have recieved enough bad publicity for 1million lifetimes. Time to put it to rest, instead of rehatching old wounds.

There is also something called giving somebody a second chance and not squeezing somebody to the corner. I believe they also have a family to raise and bills to pay - JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. Agreed with Liam.

Put yourself into their shoes, I believe you will see things differently.

Edited by S V Choong

I'm sorry, but I honestly believe this conversation is very appropriate.

:pardon:

PS: I have also posted this question at Aeromalaysia

Out of interest, how was the response there?

Definately inappropriate material for MalaysianWings.com, however, please just see our feedback as constructive rather than the opposite.. It was a tragic incident, Swiss cheese and all.. but don't dwell on it.

I dun think anyone will release the pilots information, perhaps due to Swiss mid collision's air controller tragedy.

2 cents

Thanks for picking up my typo Azmal, that should definately read: very INappropriate.

And as big indian bro said, don't take this the wrong way, but there is a time and place for everything.

Edited by Liam Gibb

Sign in to follow this