MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Prashant K

To all pilots on MW.......

Hey guys, does it really matter which airline you fly for? Or is it just about flying for any airline as long as you can be up there in the sky?

Just like working for any other job, the company does matter. Flying is flying, but renumeration, benefits and working condition differs.

Just like any new graduate in the job market, it is important firstly to secure yourself a job. And more importantly gain the new job experience and keep it as a bargaining chip if you decide to leave one day when you have enough experience.

Some people are lucky to be able to join big corporation on the first time whilst some will join some smaller ones. Lucky me. But of course there are larger corporations out there.

Finaly word is....get into the business and survive the training first. Renumeration can talk later.

pay, benefits in my book come second to being happy. You have to love where your at, and enjoy what you do. No point going through life making millions knowing its nothing short of a pain in the ass everytime you have to wake up for work.

What i meant was, does it matter to you that you fly for air asia or singapore airlines or any low cost airline or do you want the pride of telling anyone you work for the big jets rather then the smaller more budget airlines....

Edited by Prashant K

It's all depends on each individual. Afterall all I could say is 'who cares, it's my life'

Prashant...will we, let alone those in your peer groups think of you any different whether you fly for Air Asia, Cathay Pacific, of course not! Your employer doesn't make who you are, you do.

If your getting into Aviation for money, pride, whatever, don't bother...go become a high profile lawyer for that.

Hahaha....Now, thats an answer i was looking for. All this time i thought getting into SIA would be so presitgious and all that. But what the heck? I thought about it and said it doesnt matter as long as i will be in that cockpit of any airline. So i just popped the question to wonder how many pilots would think like that. Cheers!

Edited by Prashant K

Sign in to follow this