MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mushrif A

MAS FY06 Financial results.

Very significantly, MH achieved an operating profit of some RM94 million for 4Q 2006. (And this includes domestic operations, since MH took over the financials of this from PMB)

However, for the full year 2006, MH is still cash flow negative from its operations and had to rely on short term borrowings to fund itself.

Edited by mushrif a

MAS Kargo was specially mentioned as the top performing unit of MH. Their challenge this year is to make the freighter business profitable on its own (which means it proably isn't right now or just marginally) without relying on the belly-space business.

Apart from fuel costs, MH was also negatively affected by an increase in aircraft leasing rates. So, I guess the mngt is addressing this by returning the A332s and maybe the 742s of Kargo will go too gradually.

New routes and new aircraft will only be made in 2008. I think the focus of 2007 is to stabilise the business further an reap in some profits.

Well... at least there's a sign of improving... :)

Keep things going MAS...we hope to see some fleet replacements once the cashflow is back to healthy... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Load factor was down but average yields were up, so the latter compensated the former. Maybe the high prices chased some potential pax away but some pax wouldn't mind paying.

It will be interesting if MH gives a breakdown of the revenues geographically and compares this with previous period's. Great to indicate price elasticity in the various regions.

Wonderful forecasts of profits between RM300 million - RM 700 million for FY07...thats a huge difference from initial target of RM 50 million.....MH is on track to be beyond expectations...a great article in NST says it all..congrats MH!

Load factor down but yield up, that's interesting. But kudos to MAS for making a quick recovery, at least it is looking very good on the surface now.

On the other hand, SIA group posted an operating profit of SGD 448 million in the third quarter of financial year 2006/2007, an increase of 19.5% over previous year.

The industry is really looking good for the region at the moment.

Bdw..

Comparing fares for tickets to MEL between MH and SQ

My sis got RM3200++ from SQ while her friend got RM4200++ from MH.. >>profit huh :huh:

Hmm That KUL-MEL for both or KUL-MEL-KUL for MH and SIN-MEL-SIN for SQ? Cause I always make the same mistake when considering both airlines :) always forgetting that needed around MYR1000 to fly SIN-KUL.......

but like mushrif say.. some potential pax have been turn down. but the loyal pax like me just wont... so i think next move for MH is t o increase benefits on Enrich.. cause the FFP pax is the one who willing to pay :)..

alas if the best nasi lemak hawker in malaysia sell his nasi lemak for MYR100 instead of MYR5 and the demand is still high, like it used to. It is not immorral or anything... it's the yield is more important...and we can't undermined the hawker effort to increase profit...It's not like we being forced to buy the nasi lemak...

Edited by JessnorArif

Hmm That KUL-MEL for both or KUL-MEL-KUL for MH and SIN-MEL-SIN for SQ? Cause I always make the same mistake when considering both airlines :) always forgetting that needed around MYR1000 to fly SIN-KUL.......

I believe the fare quoted is KUL-MEL vv (nonstop for MH and with plane change on SQ). SQ always quotes prices exKUL for its tickets sold here, not exSIN.

In S'pore, MH is probably cheaper than SQ to MEL.

Airlines tend to charge more for the convenience of a non-stop flight. SO in this case, MH charges a premium to its KUL originating pax. Many people don't mind paying more to avoid the plane change in SIN, but other price sensitive pax (hence potentially low yielding) may balk at the price and go with SQ.

If there was an ex-gratia payment of RM1000 during the initial bad year when Jala came onboard, I'm sure there must be something in the pipeline for the staff, ...if not bonus, another ex-gratia of probably a bigger quantum.

Sign in to follow this