MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tamizi Hj Tamby

Highlights at Sierra Bravo Whiskey - 17/01/2007

Guys,

It's been a long time since my last post here in this section.

Went to SBW Airport this morning,to sent my dad and my aunty to KCH,as my aunty was scheduled to have a medical check-up at Sarawak General Hospital (SGH) on 2.00pm.

Before making our way to the airport,suddenly,a heavy downpour strikes SBW! I was shocked,and hoping that the downpour will be a moment only.Thank god,by the time of arrival at SBW Terminal,the rain had stopped,and this is my chance to take some shots.At first,i thought that there will be lots of passengers at the check-in counter,but later i realized all the check-in counter (MH,AK,D7) were quiet.Only few passengers checking in on that time.

These shots were taken using Sony DCR-DVD755E Camcorder.So i'mterribly sorry for the photo quality :sorry:

The only aircraft on the SBW on that time.The only incoming aircraft will be on 0725,AK5920 from KCH.Later i realized the VMY 2007 logo and stickers! :yahoo:

DSC00057.jpg

SBW Departure Hall.You could see the cleaners sweeping the floors.I hate to go here,when it was overcrowded by people :angry:

DSC00058.jpg

The only cafeteria at SBW Airport.They just opened their premises,so nobody is inside the cafeteria.

DSC00059.jpg

Later I moved forward and I was so happy to see this:It's the VMY 2007 sticker and logo! :yahoo:

DSC00061.jpg

After bidding farewell to my dad,Later i went to the open spotting field for more shots (and also to checking the reg of the aircraft)

DSC00062.jpg

I'm still searching the reg,and the fences are the main problem here,in SBW :angry:

DSC00063.jpg

SBW Cargo Complex..Note the peeling paint on the wall

DSC00064.jpg

The MH B734 CFM Engine

DSC00065.jpg

Hehe..:lol: so happy to see this :lol:

DSC00067.jpg

2nd batch coming up.So stay tuned :)

Alright,here's the 2nd batch of the photos.

Part-2:Arrival of AK5920 (KCH-SBW).Aircraft:Boeing B737-300 (9M-AAH)

AK5920 arrives from KCH.This is the 1st touchdown shot i've managed to take :yahoo:

DSC00068.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

After touchdown,Alpha Hotel moves to the taxiway.

DSC00070.jpg

DSC00071.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

Wahh..so happy to see her.It was worth waiting for her arrival :lol:

DSC00074.jpg

Alpha Hotel proceeds to gate 2

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

Ehh,AK5920 using aerogate??? :blink: It was an suprise.Again,the fence blocked the view :angry:

DSC00077.jpg

Eh,where's the rego? :blink:

DSC00078.jpg

Oh,there you are :pardon:

DSC00079.jpg

2 Baby Boeings at SBW..What an boring view <_ wish that the ak was an a320 src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif" alt=":rolleyes:">

DSC00080.jpg

The 3rd batch will come soon.

So,feel free to give comments or constructive critics,in order to improve my photography skills.Again,Thank you again for viewing :lol:

NOTE TO MODERATORS:Could you please change the topic title,from 'Greetings from Swan City' to 'Highlights at Sierra Bravo Whiskey-17/01/2007 '.Thanks for your attention B)

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Nice photos... will be posting up My photos soon... but my photos aren't as good as yours.... coz my cam is not a good cam... sighs <_< But just to let you know it was a pretty busy morninh at KCH.... MAS B744 was there :yahoo:

Alright,here's the 3rd batch of the photos.

PART 3: MH 2713 (SBW-KCH-KUL) A/C:Boeing B737-4H6 (9M-MMS)

After all passengers went onboard Mike Sierra,the ground crew begins the pushback.Here's the set of the photos

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

During the pushback,3 crews were in charge.The Pax load for this flight was quite good,as many of them are heading to KUL.MAS SBW District Manager,Mr.Abdul Rahman Hj Hassan was also onboard this flight to KCH (Later confirmed by my friend at SBWTO)

DSC00085.jpg

The pushback still in progress.On that time,it was raining at SBW.

DSC00086.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

Uuu...so happy to see this :yahoo: :clapping:

DSC00089.jpg

Pushback completed,and the towbar is now released from the nose gear.Now the ground crew is doing the pre-departure checks.To Captain Radzi,Dante,Syidan and all MWings pilots and virtual pilots who had flew the 737s,this photo is dedicated to you! :drinks:

DSC00090.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

DSC00092.jpg

Wonder what takes them so long to check the a/c :huh:

DSC00093.jpg

Going Beyond Expectations :lol:

DSC00094.jpg

Still haven't leaving the a/c yet?? :nea:

DSC00095.jpg

Pushback completed! MH2713,Wishing you a safe flight,and god speed!

DSC00096.jpg

Mike Sierra heads to the end of runway for takeoff

DSC00097.jpg

DSC00098.jpg

DSC00099.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

DSC00101.jpg

DSC00102.jpg

SBW Open viewing spot.This is where the SBW folks spotting with their own eyes.I guess most of the SBW photos at A.net was taken here.Most of the SBW photos in A.net was taken by Raymond Ngu and Capt.Radzi himself (when he flies to SBW).Guess that other MWings spotter team at other places were lucky than ours :(

DSC00103.jpg

The Main terminal.Opened in 1994,and now the terminal complex is 13 years old.Wonder when the redevelopment of SBW Main Terminal project will begin <_ wei sri tpk you will come to rebuilt sbw terminal arr src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_mad.gif" alt=":angry:">

DSC00104.jpg

Malaysian Two Seven One Three,you are cleared to take off.

DSC00105.jpg

Mike Sierra storming the wet runway!! Wahhhh.... :yahoo: I was about to scream when i take this shot!!!!

DSC00106.jpg

After that,i've decided to go back,as the weather condition began to worsens.While on my back,I've nailed this Russian beast! :yahoo: You guys want to know what's that Russian beast? I'll let you guys think first,than you tell me the answers later :lol:

DSC00109.jpg

So,that's all for me,and thank you for viewing.As usual,do leave comments or constructive critics and suggestions in order for me to improving my aviation photography skills.

Thank you and happy spotting B)

Best Wishes from The Swan City,

Tamizi-SpeedBird-Hj Tamby B) ;)

You guys want to know what's that Russian beast? I'll let you guys think first,than you tell me the answers later :lol: [/u]

Kamov helicopter: see also Naim's Sabah trip-report and Paparadzi's picture on A.net :pardon:

Kamov helicopter: see also Naim's Sabah trip-report and Paparadzi's picture on A.net :pardon:

Yup,that's Kamov Ka-32 helicopter,Uncle Pieter.It was used for heli logging in interior Sarawak,and this one is owned by Avialift Vladivostok.I remember when i saw a group of Russians doing maintenance work on that chopper while on my way back from the airport.

Wow, Tamizi, very nice set of pictures, seems like you enjoy spotting very much. Do visit KUL, the traffic there is much better :drinks: When you going to fly to KUL for spotting? I hope u did grab the AK free seats :good:

Wow, Tamizi, very nice set of pictures, seems like you enjoy spotting very much. Do visit KUL, the traffic there is much better :drinks: When you going to fly to KUL for spotting? I hope u did grab the AK free seats :good:

Thanks,Seth. :lol:

Insya-Allah (By god's will) Maybe i'll make a visit to KUL in the future.Tried to grab the AK free seats,but the poor internet connections ends the hope :(

Nice photos!! love seeing airplanes lifting off from red runways... its a beaut

LOL Tamizi now TPK busy building KKIA T2 and the flyover and new stutong road link in Kuching... U wan him to build ar... after that I think it will be another look alike KLIA KIA and MYY lo..... :angry2:

Nice photos!! love seeing airplanes lifting off from red runways... its a beaut

LOL Tamizi now TPK busy building KKIA T2 and the flyover and new stutong road link in Kuching... U wan him to build ar... after that I think it will be another look alike KLIA KIA and MYY lo..... :angry2:

Don't worry la Edwin, the proposed SBW new terminal building will be totally different than KCH,MYY,and BKI T2 :yahoo: Already see the photos of proposed new terminal complex ... :yahoo: The photos had been posted in general aviation section by someone,but can't recall bout it anymore..