MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

MAS Returns To The Black In Q3 With Profit Of RM256.67 Mln

when MH incur losses, everyone complains. but when MH suddenly makes money again, people still complain and doubtful. give MH a break laaaa....... :p .

Hehehe ... 2-3 years ago our outfit got the job of turning around a very sick PN4 company, listed on KLSE. So the things we did were similar to Idris's - retrenched workers, quit unprofitable businesses, sell licences, sell buildings, sell lands, sell resort, sell golf club, etc. Once in the black we found a white knight to do a reverse take-over. All fine and dandy, and the company is now de-listed but solvent, and doing some little business from a 2nd floor shop-lot office. During it's hey-days on the KLSE, it had its own building in downtown KL. I'm sure MAS won't come this way. ;)

Congrats to Idris Jala :good:

Leading MH to a bright future :yahoo: :clapping: :drinks:

when MH incur losses, everyone complains. but when MH suddenly makes money again, people still complain and doubtful. give MH a break laaaa....... :p .

I think the reservations come from the fact that the books of PMB are not transparent, and that the Biz Turnaround plan was drafted by the same folks whose performance are to be judged against.

Legally a separate entity, but it is very much intertwined with MH. So, MH may be what you see "above the carpet" and PMB is the stuff "under the carpet." Are the leasing rates to MH from PMB really at arms-length basis?

As for the BT plan, Idris & co will not be clever if they have not included some healthy amounts of buffer, to ensure that meeting the targets are quite within their means.

I think what was significant with the latest results was MH made a small operational profit (before finance charges). The bottomline was however artificially boosted by one-off gains from building disposals and surplus from the government hand-out (creatively termed as compensation from early termination of contracted domestic services.) The latter seems to be contradictory to what was said earlier that the Gov will not bail-out MH, but it just did so under such a scheme. Also, strictly speaking, the compensation should not have been used to pay-off/compensate retrenched employees who are not related to the domestic services rationalisation exercise.

All in all, nice to see MH making a little money from what it is supposed to be doing in the first place, i.e. the airline service, and not from selling buildings, aircraft, spares or hand-outs.

I agree fully with Mushrif. Despite the additions of asset sales to the overall quaterly figure released it is still in my opinion a good show by MAS. I say this because, they have managed to raise yields to more profitable levels and cost-control in divisions such as E&M and Catering are necessary to boost the overall efficiency of the airline. The next quarter will tell a more open story for sure.. but in the mean time, it's a little celebration time for MAS. At the end of the day, higher yields out of KUL with MAS will make KUL more attractive to foreign carriers - not to mention potential alliance partners who would use KUL as a hub to connect with MAS traffic!

Well done MAS. I hope that this continues and we see a better and brighter future ahead for the airline - more so for the many many thousands of hardworking employees that make MAS what is today - some of them are our good and dear friends here at MWings.

AirAsia and MAS as two strong airlines in Malaysia will definately contribute toward the Government's aviation policy to make Malaysia a hub!

"Everyone can make a profit in business if they raise ticket prices ... so we want the government to be more transparent about MAS' profit," said Datuk Raja Ahmad Zainudin Raja Omar (BN-Larut) in the Dewan Rakyat here.

Hmm sometimes i wonder... what is actually Malaysian MP what from MAS? 5 star service at 3 star price? MAS cant have delay, MAS cant sell higher ticket price, MAS must take some of its unprofitable route domestic route back.. MAS cant this, MAS cant that

Let say Nasi Lemak... Nasi Lemak at a Night Market stall sells at MYR2. If people willing to buy nasi lemak at night market stall for MYR20 each, wouldnt the hawker sell the Nasi Lemak at MYR20? even though the cost mm somethingof Nasi Lemak actually MYR0.80 each.. thus increase revenue, increase profit.. onlyd10t would sell the nasi lemak at MYR0.50 when the people willing to pay for MYR20

and for MAS case... with certain number on capacity, what else can MAS do to increase yield? if previous fare structure dont bring profit.. why should MAS hold on to that structure? Isn't it ironic when some of MH flight have more then 90% load factor, but still that flight making loses.

Shouldnt they actually bother about the toll increase? Why none of them even demand this concessionaire to reveal their profit? so that the people can actually see how much profit this concessionaire have for increasing toll price..

just hit me on my mind.. Why not toll? because probably our MP not paying the toll when they use highway (MP have chauffer right? and the chauffer pay the toll at toll booth not the MP).but have to reach their own pocket for flight and since they prefer travel with MAS. so they start complaining higher ticket price..

Like i have always said.. If you say that MAS ticket flight is expensive.. then dont buy.. there's always Airasia and other airlines. 5star Airlines should have 5star ticket price..

just hit me on my mind.. Why not toll? because probably our MP not paying the toll when they use highway (MP have chauffer right? and the chauffer pay the toll at toll booth not the MP).but have to reach their own pocket for flight and since they prefer travel with MAS. so they start complaining higher ticket price..

They pay toll lah, but we are paying it for them!! In fact, all the Black perdana V6s are all loaded with SMART Tag!

What they don't pay are their outstanding traffic summons... brilliant example they are setting.

But wrt MAS, they took the bull by the horns and have got something out of it. The cautios nature of certain elements prevails around MAS now because of the infinite levels of BS that occurred in the past. This quarter was for the new management to PROVE themselves worthy. With exceeding the set performance targets under the BTP, Idris and Co. have shown they are capable of making fiscally sound decisions. Now, how this translates into improving OPERATIONAL efficiency in tandem with EYEING PROFITS is the up hill task for MAS, and if they succeed that, hell, I hope they write a book about it!

MAS is a great airline. I believe the previous lost was due to mismanagement. Now the new management just do the thing right and follow by doing right thing. I don't see any reason why MAS can't return to black with profit. :)

"Somebody" got slapped really hard...again... :blink:

"somebody" is always getting slapped mahhh hai sehh never learn also :rolleyes:

Edited by Sandeep G

They pay toll lah, but we are paying it for them!! In fact, all the Black perdana V6s are all loaded with SMART Tag!

Right Smart Tag. thus I believe they never realise how much toll have increase. Just buy Smart tag reload :):) but MH ticket always max out their credit card hhuhu :D :D

That why actually we always heard the one who complaining about MH tickets is Government MP's.

"Somebody" got slapped really hard...again... :blink:

Who got slapped??