MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Impromptu Spotting

I think I'll kick-off this thread for unplanned spotting, which I seem to be doing regularly lately. I'll build on this thread from time to time, as I have new material (and others too I hope, who may think they are also spontaneous, drive-by spotters like me). B)

Today, I went to KLIA-LCCT to collect my kid who studies in Kota Bharu. He's virtually a frequent flyer, on AK KUL/KBR route. :lol:

Anyway here're my pics for today.

Yay! We have patches of blue sky today (16/11/06), and as I drive along Jln Pekeliling, I just have to stop to gawk at the birds.

1601h. First up, SV-SRF operating as SQ112.

IPB Image

IPB Image

1604h: B-HLG as CX725. This puppy is early.

IPB Image

1607h: 9M-MKV. I just love the puffy clouds against the blue.

IPB Image

1816h: Outside the LCCT, I caught this one departing. I'm clueless on the livery. Help!

IPB Image

1820h: On the other side of the airfield, I think B-HLG is on the way home as CX724.

IPB Image

1853h: Kid safely stowed in the car, I stop along Jln Pekeliling again in the sunset, as another CX visitor arrives. B-HNP as CX721. Beautiful vapour trails, again.

IPB Image

1901h: 9M-MKE. Silhouette against the clouds.

IPB Image

1901h: I wonder why the cabin lights are not dimmed for landing.

IPB Image

1901h: MKE lands. Better go home lah, getting dark already.

IPB Image

Thanks!

1816h: Outside the LCCT, I caught this one departing. I'm clueless on the livery. Help!

IPB Image

Yemenia A330 ;)

Awesome~

Say, did you photoshop them before posting? Seems like the contrast is a BIT high at 1600-ish. :pardon:

Awesome~

Say, did you photoshop them before posting? Seems like the contrast is a BIT high at 1600-ish. :pardon:

I bumped up sharpness, contrast & saturation in the 'Picture Style' menu of the 400D. Then for post-processing I just used Picasa, crop a bit, hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button. Add a bit of gamma to fill in the dark bellies of the planes. ISO200. That's all. Anyway my LCD monitor is a bit darkish. :sorry:

For the dusk pic, same process but ISO1600.

+++

Naim,

Nice coverage of 'impromptu'... :lol: :good:

As for camera settings... I'd set mine to normal

then I use photoshop to 're-adjust' the saturations, contrasts, sharpness etc...

(that's why you see my images differ a lot :pardon: :lol: :p , couldn't get hold

of them.. :rofl: )

In-camera setting, we can't control...

But anyway... own personal preference... & I like your ISO1600 shots... :good:

no visible noise :o ... One good thing about Canon ... B)...

I bumped up sharpness, contrast & saturation in the 'Picture Style' menu of the 400D. Then for post-processing I just used Picasa, crop a bit, hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button. Add a bit of gamma to fill in the dark bellies of the planes. ISO200. That's all. Anyway my LCD monitor is a bit darkish. :sorry:

For the dusk pic, same process but ISO1600.

+++

:lol: I prefer post-processing because I wouldn't have time to fiddle around with the settings - too many things I want to capture. Hehe. Anyway, it's personal preference. ;)

As for camera settings... I'd set mine to normal

then I use photoshop to 're-adjust' the saturations, contrasts, sharpness etc...

(that's why you see my images differ a lot :pardon: :lol: :p , couldn't get hold

of them.. :rofl: )

In-camera setting, we can't control...

But anyway... own personal preference... & I like your ISO1600 shots... :good:

no visible noise :o ... One good thing about Canon ... B)...

Interesting, this pic enhancement issue. Do part of it on cam, or shoot normally and do the whole thing with software on PC. I wonder what's the pros and cons of each? You seem to prefer the latter. I'm still experimenting vis-a-vis the 'Picture Style' feature. I read somehere Canon purposely by default, makes the pics that you snap soft and darkish, so that you can do your own enhancements later on PC.

I find 'noise suppression' on high ISO on the Canon impressive. Great stuff. :yahoo:

:lol: I prefer post-processing because I wouldn't have time to fiddle around with the settings - too many things I want to capture. Hehe. Anyway, it's personal preference. ;)

With 'Picture Style' feature on the 400D, you need not fiddle with the settings. Apart from 6 pre-loaded configs, you can define your own or download new ones from Canon website. It's really handy. For more info:

http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/picturestyl...ting/index.html

Nice shots, Naim. So now you have one set of bird pics on MalaysianBirders and another set on MWings!

Feathered birds, metal birds, space birds, other birds, they are all alluring in their own way. :p

You hang around MalaysianBirders too? Those guys are even more serious with their gears!

Enjoyed all the shots Naim. Thanks for sharing.

I really like the sunset shots. :good:

I think planes are more interesting when captured with the environments/contexts they are in. Thanks, anyway. B)

Feathered birds, metal birds, space birds, other birds, they are all alluring in their own way. :p

Forgot to qualify ... here goes ... :D

IPB Image

171106:1201h

High above Cyberjaya in the noon sun, a lone 747 makes an approach for 14L.

IPB Image

Nikon3700

Whoaaa.. nice stuff there Naim.. love it... :good: :clapping:

Thanks, guys.

Today I passed by KLIA again, and as I stopped along Jalan Pekeliling under the grey sky for another casual 14L spotting, this puppy appeared - AK's latest! Maybe just a week old?

241106 at 1816h. 9M-AFM A320-214 operating as AK6307 LGK-KUL 1735-1835.

IPB Image

A while later this beauty showed up.

241106 at 1844h. B-5151 B738 operating as MF857 XMN-KUL 1405-1800.

IPB Image

Air Asia early; Xiamen delayed... :mellow:

Great shots, Naim...keep them comin' :good:

Naim, Nice catch of AK's Latest Bus..

And Also of Xiamen's B738..To bad abt the Overcast Weather tho..

Naim, good stuff.. and will even get better when you get the hang of it!

Did you catch SQ108 on 24th? Someone was on it...

Opps I meant 23rd...

Opps I meant 23rd...

Sorry, was not loitering around KLIA on 23rd. Tomorrow Sunday late afternoon, I may be somewhere there. Hope weather holds. Rains have been regular feature in Klang Valley lately, 2.30pm-3.00pm it would come! :pardon:

Naim , thanks you sharing all your lovly shots, i love those dusk shots:D

Thanks Derek, what about these? :lol:

+++

Along Jalan Bachang, Melaka, yesterday pm.

Egrets (look like 'Cattle Egrets' to me) in formation, flying from the west just before sunset. Hundreds of them in V-shaped squadrons!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Sign in to follow this