MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

AirAsia Needs More Aircraft

More China destinations? :good:

November 10, 2006 21:57 PM

AirAsia Needs More Aircraft

SINGAPORE, Nov 10 (Bernama) -- AirAsia Bhd needs more planes for its expansion plan, said its group chief executive officer, Datuk Tony Fernandes.

As such, it is currently in discussion with Airbus to fast track its A320 Airbus delivery.

The low cost carrier has 100 confirmed orders and 30 options from Airbus.

It has received a total of 12 aircraft from Airbus so far. In total AirAsia has 50 planes in operation.

"We want to fast track the delivery and in absolute number term we also need more planes," he told reporters at the sideline of the Third Asia Pacific & Middle East Aviation Outlook Summit here, Friday.

He reiterated that AirAsia would further penetrate the China market and make inroads to India's lucrative aviation sector.

He also said AirAsia has received a total of nine joint proposals on its table.

"We've got a couple of different models coming in. But there is no equity models around the corner."

On the liberalisation of the aviation sector between Malaysia and Singapore, Fernandes said he was optimistic about the idea materialising saying that it was "a matter of time."

AirAsia is projecting to fly 16 million passengers next year, he added.

-- BERNAMA

AirAsia is going good so far :rofl: :good: , B733 and the A320, I guess AK is expanding its international routes :good: .

I forgot to say thaat AK is now competeing MAS in international routesIPB Image.

Malaysia Airport is considering to expand the LCCT for accommodating up to 15 millions passengers. Maybe AK should consider swap the terminal with MAS. :rofl:

i suggest LCC like AK should go for 757. It's a longer plane with more capacity. So not many a/c gonna be required.

i suggest LCC like AK should go for 757. It's a longer plane with more capacity. So not many a/c gonna be required.

Too bad no more seven fitty seven produce, I don't think AK wants to operate oldies like MH. May be the A321 make more sense, futhermore, it's Airbus that AK operates with and fit perfectly the gap :)

I go for B739 winglet kekeke... or A321.. or A333?? :clapping:

Too bad no more seven fitty seven produce, I don't think AK wants to operate oldies like MH. May be the A321 make more sense, futhermore, it's Airbus that AK operates with and fit perfectly the gap :)

Northwest sent lots of their 757 to the desert and open then for lease or sale and most of them are not even a year old.

The Star

Sunday November 12, 2006

Ready for the longer hauls

BY LISA GOH

KUALA LUMPUR: With AirAsia's success as a low-cost carrier in regional sectors, the Government is now looking at low-cost medium and long-haul flights to China, India and even Europe.

Transport Minister Datuk Seri Chan Kong Choy said Malaysia was ready for longer flights based on its experience in regional operations.

“This can change the aviation landscape,” he said yesterday in an interview.

He said the routes AirAsia is plying would complement those of Malaysia Airlines (MAS) to create a win-win situation.

“There are many destinations that MAS is not flying to. Take China, for example. We have rights for up to 125 flights a week, but are only using 47.

“We have to provide air links between many more cities in China and Kuala Lumpur and low-cost medium-haul flights would be an answer.”

Flights under four hours are considered short-haul while those more than 10 hours are long-haul.

On Thursday, Chan was named Aviation Minister of the Year by the Australian-based Centre of Asia Pacific Aviation (Capa) for his efforts in domestic aviation reforms and infrastructure development.

Malaysia also won other Capa awards – KL International Airport (KLIA) received the Low-Cost Airport of The Year award, and MAS the Airline Turnaround of the Year award.

Chan also said Philippines' Cebu Pacific would start operating at the KLIA low-cost carrier terminal by the end of the month, making it the only other airline after AirAsia.

Attracting more low-cost carriers to KLIA was one of the strategies to ensure Malaysia maintained its position as Asia's low-cost hub, he said.

“We are also talking to a few other carriers in the region.”

Chan said the low-cost carrier terminal was the fastest growing of its type in the world. Since opening in March, it has handled 4.8 million passengers up to September.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?f...&sec=nation

Search from AK website, they will commence new flight from BKI to Macau at the end of the year. However, they have not announced it officially.

AK 606 BKI MFM 14:45 17:40 1 3 4 6

AK 607 MFM BKI 18:10 21:00 1 3 4 6

More expansion= more aircrafts = more pilots = more career opportunities..

:good:

More expansion= more aircrafts = more pilots = more career opportunities..

:good:

in this case we have more chance to go in AK as a pilot...kekeke..

I still wait if they want cadet pilot for them...heheh

I've been grabbing all these cheap promo fares from AK.

KUL-SDK on 05/12-07/12/06

KUL-BKI on 11/01-14/01/07

KUL-MZV on 02/02-04/02/07

KUL-CGK on 23/02-25/02/07

KUL-TWU on 23/03-25/03/07

All jalan-jalan trips. :yahoo:

Sign in to follow this