MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tamizi Hj Tamby

Proposed SBW terminal complex 2 times bigger than JHB terminal complex

.....The current check-in lounge is too small with only 10 check-in counters and is always crowded when there are two or more airplanes depart at the same time .....

Sorry for time lapse but I only just grasped the quoted bit - 10 counters (ok, not all may be operational at same time) for two flights ?! :blink:

Sorry for time lapse but I only just grasped the quoted bit - 10 counters (ok, not all may be operational at same time) for two flights ?! :blink:

You're right about it,BC. Just imagine,it was totally crowded when passengers are checking in (especially AK passengers).Maybe i'm trying to get some shots on it on morning of Jan 17th,where my dad & my aunt will depart to KCH on MH 1st flight.

I believe at all airports when its the peak hour it is always crowded. Even now the new KIA terminal with lots of check in counters it is still pretty crowded and on that day monday if not mistaken there was like 3 MHs and 1 or 2 AKs flight departing at almost the same time (but the AK plane was late though) and 3 MHs 737-400 taxies out for departure, time frame was like 5 minutes apart.

The last one departed late cause had to wait for an AKs aircraft to land....

But i passed thru the airport today and it looked so called... around 5 pm is definitely not the peak hour for KIA 1 plane there only make that 2... 1 Mh 1 AK <_<

But i've never used Sibu's Airport so no idea but saw the design cool..... Btw any Idea HOw big is senai Airport? how many gates do they have?

But i've never used Sibu's Airport so no idea but saw the design cool..... Btw any Idea HOw big is senai Airport? how many gates do they have?

there are 4 aerogates at JHB. Senai is operated by Senai Airport Terminal Svcs Sdn Bhd i.s.o MAHB.

there are 4 aerogates at JHB. Senai is operated by Senai Airport Terminal Svcs Sdn Bhd i.s.o MAHB.

I seconded that.I've once flew to JHB from KCH on 2005.

FYI Edwin,

There are 4 gates at SBW,which are 2 aerogates (gate 2 &3) and 2 open air apron (gate 1 & 4).Gate 1 will be installed with aerogates (for A330) when the proposed new terminal project begins.So far there are no news about it.

However,the SBW runway resurfacing and enlargement project had been completed :lol: and AK is now sending A320 daily to SBW from KUL-LCCT (Hope that A320 will be used for SBW-KCH-SBW v.v. in July this year :) as AirAsia had announced that they will operates entire A320 fleet by July 2007) ;)