MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Pieter C.

China Southern and Xiamen Airlines to buy 12 Boeing aircraft

October 16, 2006

China Southern Airlines and its subsidiary Xiamen Airlines have signed deals to buy a total of 12 planes from Boeing, China Southern said on Monday.

China Southern agreed to buy six B777 freighters with a list price of USD$232 million each for delivery between November 2008 and July 2010, said the airline, which is China's largest by fleet size.

Xiamen agreed to buy six B737-800 jets with list prices of between USD$66 million and USD$75 million for delivery in 2010, China Southern said in a statement.

Purchase prices were below the list prices in both cases, the airline said. The planes will be paid for partly with commercial bank loans that have not yet been arranged, China Southern said, adding that it would announce details of the financing later.

Xiamen had been seeking to replace an order for three 787 jets with six smaller 737s in order to focus on regional routes.

China Southern is the first Chinese company to buy the 777 freighter, paving the way for possible purchases by other domestic carriers.

The airline has said it is considering a cargo venture with Air France KLM, the world's biggest airline by revenue, and the 777 freighter's launch customer.

(Reuters)

China Southern is really expanding - as per their aircraft orders.

6 A380s IIRC? Now 6 77Fs. What next?

I have a good feelingthat Boeing will surpass Airbus this year, but again, we never know Airbus, they always have end-year order that will kill Boeing!

Good news, China Air keep expanding...............

I guess Boeing new 787 (even though Xiamen change orders) and the 777F is very successful and the A380 empire is falling :o :blink: .

I hope MAS buys a couple of 777F :mellow: .

I have a good feelingthat Boeing will surpass Airbus this year, but again, we never know Airbus, they always have end-year order that will kill Boeing!

Good news, China Air keep expanding...............

They already have, I think the order book so far this year is:

Boeing: 753 (net orders - Until 10-Oct-06)

Airbus: 226 (net orders - until 30-Sep-06)

Airbus gotta lotta catching up to do this year...

In terms of delivery:

Boeing: 295 (to date)

Airbus: 320 (to date)

So Boeing is winning on the order book by far this year, but Airbus is marginally ahead in terms of production deliveries this year :) This is such an exciting industry! :D

Ooh? I thought China will only keep buying Airbus products due to political pressure and situation?

Does that means things has took a better turn already?

Sign in to follow this