MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Gavin Andrew David

Your Favourite aircraft to travel in

MY idea,

we chatered a flight, let say 737, flying around peninsular Malaysia, just for MWing member..

and of course, MH's 737 with Malaysiawing sticker attached on its fuselage, with Capt.Radzi in command...

what ever the cost, bayar laa... biggrin.gif

once in a lifetime maa...

Widebody - MH777. (actually any tripple with 2-5-2 sitting)

Been on 343, 342, 333, 332... but I just prefer the 777!

Single aisle - must say I prefer the A320 over the B737, but B757 is the best!

I used to love the B727. Feels like sitting in a sports car. Then last year I was on an AeroContinente B727, after which, I am happy to be on the ground sad.gif

Definately the triple seven, nothing beats it... now i only wish MH would get some 777-200LR or 777-300ER's... and maybe they should start naming their 777 fleet, maybe can call one MalaysianWings biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

For me....Piper J3 Cub .. laugh.gif

Small, very personal, tandem seat... fly low

and most of all ... flying by the seat of the pant.. laugh.gif

Just wishing that Lokman will invite for a ride on the DeltaFoxtrot one day.. rolleyes.gif

But for airliner.... SevenFourSeven.. wink.gif

I like the 333 as it's quieter than most other planes, and has less pax than other wide bodies. The QF 333s especially since they are brand new and have AVOD. Great in both J and WHY classes. The 332 is alright when flying QF domestically, but for international flights on certain airlines they're configured with very inferior seating in J.

772s are not bad, but MH is the only airline I've encountered thus far with window seats in the WHY cabin coming in pairs. If I'm sitting by the window in a 772, MH's config rules. But otherwise other airlines' cabins are more desirable as I don't really like the block of 5 seats in the middle. Good J cabins on 3 class 772s since they're divided into 2 by a bulkhead, creating 2 mini cabins with their own set of FAs. 2 class 772s (esp the ER versions) and 773s are horrid when flying in J on certain airlines however since its sometimes one big, impersonal main cabin. FAs always seem stressed out on the SQ 773s J cabins and the BA 772s which are like J on the SQ 773s because of 4 class configs.

744s look nice on the outside, but kinda cramped and inpersonal inside the cabin if u're in WHY. 744s are great in J due to that magical stairway to the very cozy and private-ish upper deck. Also, if you fly F often, I find that most airlines' flagship F products are in their 744s. Unfortunately I've only flown F on the basis of op-ups, but they've all been on 744s (BA) and are excellent.

Haven't had a chance to try the 345/346 unfortunately.

On balance my fave a/c is the 333 since it has that cozy feeling about it. Both the 2-4-2 configuration in WHY and the 2-2-2 configuration in J (QF) are great for regional-ish long hauls like MEL-HKG.

I like the 333 as it's quieter than most other planes, and has less pax than other wide bodies.

I must agree that the A330 is rather quiete. I once flew on an A332 with a seat in the middle of the wing. The engine sounded very faint unlike the roar of a T7.

Sign in to follow this