MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mushrif A

EWR axed, LHR reduced, LAX goes daily

But from what I read, both BA and AA vetoed MH's application for the LHR-EWR route. Besides, the London - New York route is a significant revenue maker for them. Makes sense for them to ally together and block a competitor from getting a piece of the pie, since if the allow MH that route, surely our price would be lower than theirs.

Did MH apply again for that route and was turned down again recently ?

I doubt its going to happen that way......but with the reduction of services to LHR, who knows, VS may be starting soon !!!!!

Neither BA nor AA have the power to veto anything. Air rights between the United States and Heathrow are governed exclusively by the Bermuda Agreement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermuda_II

The carriers with the rights under Bermuda are:

- 2 designated British carriers - BA and VS

- 2 designated American carriers - AA and UA

- Carriers with grandfather rights at the signing of the agreement - AI and KU

CX has notional rights out of LHR to the US, but these rights have only been granted by the British government in exchange for allowing VS to ply the HKG-SYD route. CX has not been able to utilise rights out of LHR to the US as the American government has yet to approve such rights.

MH might have more luck trying to fly out of Gatwick.

Edited by Keith T

MH might have more luck trying to fly out of Gatwick.

LGW is also slot constrained and very difficult; besides, would MH like to operate from 2 different LON airports (increasing costs) ? :huh:

Doubt, if the US would approve this route, though...

LGW is also slot constrained and very difficult; besides, would MH like to operate from 2 different LON airports (increasing costs) ? :huh:

I think MH should consider flying into LGW (onward flight to any US cities is kinda impossible). Didn't MAS plan to squeeze in more EY seats into their 772 ? If they really do so, they can probably ultilize 2x daily non-stop flight between KUL/LGW, targetting at O&D traffic as well as people looking at low fares.

Guest Michael

Can Isaac send me an sms +61410622358 thanks regarding my visit end of the month.

Does anyone know if the code share between MH and VS is still on ?

From what I read last year, the agreement was renewed last year for another year and

thereafter, the agreement will be based on mutual consent for both airlines

between the UK and Malaysia and onward to Australia.

However, VS' website does not have KUL as one of their stations anymore and it is

not even reflected on the flights to UK nor to Australia.

Is this why MH may need to reduce its flights to 16 times and eventually 14 times a week

due to VS regaining their slots at LHR ?

:help: :help: :help:

Does anyone know if the code share between MH and VS is still on ?

From what I read last year, the agreement was renewed last year for another year and

thereafter, the agreement will be based on mutual consent for both airlines

between the UK and Malaysia and onward to Australia.

However, VS' website does not have KUL as one of their stations anymore and it is

not even reflected on the flights to UK nor to Australia.

Is this why MH may need to reduce its flights to 16 times and eventually 14 times a week

due to VS regaining their slots at LHR ?

:help: :help: :help:

VS seems to have signed a codeshare agreement with SQ on the SIN-LHR route, saw it on expertflyer then when looking up flights for a friend. OTOH, I can't seem to find VS codeshares operated by MH for KUL-LHR.

Edited by Keith T

Sign in to follow this