MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Hisham Albakri

Airfare Between KUL and Gothenburg, Sweden

:help: My sisters (yes, plural - 2 of them) plans to fly to Gothenburg, Sweden for 10 days from late July and back to KUL in early August. They are to visit our uncle who is now a Swedish citizen after marrying a Swede.

Anyway, can anyone suggest the cheapest airfare in the market to get to Gothenburg from KUL. It appears that the chepest they could find is by KLM via AMS; and this is about RM4K++ per pax on Economy (Return). Would there be any other cheaper alternative? By the way, they don't really mind hopping from one plane to another; but I would imagine that anything more than 3 plane changes would definitely be too tiring! :o

Edited by Hisham Albakri

You may wish to consider a LCC for the connecting flight to Gothenburg but the downside is you have to collect the luggage and re-check in on the final leg because LCCs don't do interlining. Cheapest flights between KUL & Europe are often to LHR, also to AMS & FRA.

from London Stansted on Ryanair

from Amsterdam on FlyMe

from Frankfurt on SAS Snowflake

from Frankfurt/Hahn on Ryanair

more here...

http://www.whichbudget.com/en/cheapflights.php?to=GOT

http://www.whichbudget.com/en/cheapflights.php?to=GSE

When visiting Europe, I often get the cheapest deal for LHR so I always use it as my base. For my last trip last november, I flew LGW-BFS, BFS-BRS, BRS-MAD, MAD-GVA & GVA-LGW. On average I paid GBP25 or around RM160 per leg, so that's cheaper than MH's Y full-fare KUL-AOR. LCC's are a godsent!

from London Stansted on Ryanair

from Amsterdam on FlyMe

from Frankfurt on SAS Snowflake

from Frankfurt/Hahn on Ryanair

Hisham,

FlyMe operates both AMS-GOT v.v. and ARN-GOT v.v. , so for the latter routing, you might opt for KUL-ARN on MH as well ?! Their website is quite easy to browse, originally in Swedish language, but if you're 'clicking' the English flag, you would be fine booking your flights with them...average fares are around 31-41 Euros (or 40-50 USD) per one-way from AMS...

Found the cheapest return-fare in the official KLM system as MYR 2600 for KUL-GOT v.v. and MYR 2300 for KUL-AMS v.v., however, seats might be VERY limited for this fare, so not much difference between an AMS or GOT-fare from KUL ;)

Regarding Ryanair from Stansted or Hahn: if they arrive at LHR and depart STN, you've to use either the 747 bus or take the subway and train (with heavy luggage a pleasure ???)...note also: HHN is around 60-70 kilometers away from FRA airport and can only be reached by expensive bus- or taxi-ride :blink:

The cheapest return fare I've found is MYR2650 on KL via AMS for an early August departure. It'd be booked in the V subclass, so I think it'd have been all sold out by now. Still you never know.

Edited by Keith T

if for me, i wouldn't mind of hoping from plane to plane (transit stop). i actually prefer flying that way. next time i'm flying to LAX, i would like to take KUL-HKG-TPE-LAX, maybe with CX and EVA.

Azuddin

How about flying into Copenhagen or Malmo or even Oslo and then taking a train to Gothenburg? I believe all three cities are closer to Gotheburg than stockholm. Furthermore, when Ryanair says Copenhagen, they actually mean Malmo....

I also think that there is a direct train connection from CPH airport to Gothenburg. Doens't SQ fly to CPH?

Anyway, can anyone suggest the cheapest airfare in the market to get to Gothenburg from KUL. It appears that the chepest they could find is by KLM via AMS; and this is about RM4K++ per pax on Economy (Return). Would there be any other cheaper alternative? By the way, they don't really mind hopping from one plane to another; but I would imagine that anything more than 3 plane changes would definitely be too tiring! :o

If ex-SIN, you can take a look here: http://www.airfares.com.sg/airfares/os/7_a...rope&vienna.htm

Best is SGD1200 for SIN-GOT return.

And you can do KL-SIN via the RM40 express bus. :good:

.naim

Sign in to follow this