MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Kevin Cheng

AirAsia hiring pilot?

Today my friend came and told me that few weeks ago, he saw an advertisement in newspaper saying that AirAsia is having an open interview in a hotel. He told me there are around 800 people attending that interview.

According to my friend, last month our vice prime minister announce that government has allocated some budget for MAS and AirAsia to train up pilots because Malaysia is seriously lack of pilot. And that's why AirAsia have that kind of open interview.

Just want to ask you guys here, is this information true or not? Or anybody been to that interview? :blink:

perhaps..since the ads on Air Asia website indicating pilot with F ATPL can apply.. :D

Negative. I can recall that the 800 odd hopeful are vyfing for AK Flight Attendant job. Good publicity for AK btw :)

Negative. I can recall that the 800 odd hopeful are vyfing for AK Flight Attendant job. Good publicity for AK btw :)

means there is this "event", right?

and yalor, 800 people should be air stewardess or air steward...impossible to be pilots la..

but my friend told me at the same time in that "event" they are interviewing for pilot position also wor....can trust ar? is it true?

800 ppl with ATPL to attend for air asia pilot interview? I think is 800 ppl want to attend F/A interview. I saw it in news paper is F/A not pilot.

Anyway I get to know that Airasia does not employ cadet pilot...that makes me sad..else if the interview in serawak i also go...

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Never heard of walk-in interview for pilots.

For F/A position however a walk-in interview conducted at a hotel is the norm.

Never heard of walk-in interview for pilots.

For F/A position however a walk-in interview conducted at a hotel is the norm.

Agree with you,Capt.So strange if the Airline company conducted an walk-in interview for pilots.But it's a norm for F/A walk-in interview.