MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
zeqa

HM Brunei Plane new colour *V8- ALI*

I wish there's an up-close shot to read the Jawi script.

I think there's a possibility that the royal flight A340 & the 767 will be repainted soon?

It looks great, and I actually prefer the Mahkota logo on the tail, just like the 727 fleet used to have - it definitely brings out the Majestic look of the plane. At least it's a welcoming sight to behold in Brunei's skies when compared to the national carrier RB's cheap-looking new livery scheme.

1292136962.jpgPhoto: Manfred Faber / Source: PlanePictures.Net

Here's a closer look at the plane. The jawi-script reads 'Bandar Seri Begawan'.

P/S the Panji-panji and 'brunei' and other wordings are watermarks. Image sourced from Infofoto Brunei, I do not own the image.

2vt7byq.jpg

Edited by Saiful

Saiful,The photos can't be viewed; you might to re-upload the photo again.

Thanks Tamizi, post has been edited. That's the second photo I've uploaded in this thread that's failed to show.

I like the Jawi script! Remind me of my primary and high school in Brunei when we had Jawi class once per week. I think it is the second most beautiful writing after Chinese. Many curves and angles and titik and a lot......

^^LOL- you know what- I get a lot of question from the Dubai & Doha Immigration man. "You look like Philippine but your passport Arabic" I said Brunei is in Asia & its Jawi. they said :no- "its Arabic- I can read it" They just stamp the passport anywhere. haha..

Here's a closer look at the plane. The jawi-script reads 'Bandar Seri Begawan'.

P/S the Panji-panji and 'brunei' and other wordings are watermarks. Image sourced from Infofoto Brunei, I do not own the image.

2vt7byq.jpg

Is tht the Sultan on the cockpit ???

Yeap; It's confirmed,It was His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah himself.Even he himself at the cockpit of the 747 and also the A340-200 as well.

And the Jawi title of 'Bandar Seri Begawan' on it looks awesome.

Yeap; It's confirmed,It was His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah himself.Even he himself at the cockpit of the 747 and also the A340-200 as well.

And the Jawi title of 'Bandar Seri Begawan' on it looks awesome.

He is his own pilot. He has pilot license. Sometimes he does Touch and Go at Miri Airport in his Boeing 747-400.

He is his own pilot. He has pilot license. Sometimes he does Touch and Go at Miri Airport in his Boeing 747-400.

Yep, flies the 744 and not to forget the A342 as well (that's His Majesty in the cockpit). Image sourced from Airliners.net.

33jocb8.jpg

Wonder if HRH has taken the B787 for a spin or two. Maybe not advisable at the moment?

Wonder if HRH has taken the B787 for a spin or two. Maybe not advisable at the moment?

Spin no. He did visited one during one of the recent regional airshow and was subsequently given a scale model in HMSF colours. Said model is now standing alongside the rest of the A342, B762 and B744 models in the HMSF lobby.

..... and was subsequently given a scale model in HMSF colours. Said model is now standing alongside the rest of the A342, B762 and B744 models in the HMSF lobby.

I'm guessing Sir Sultan has an impressive collection of very exclusive one-of-a-kind custom liveried scaled models presented by prospecting airframe salesmen/ladies :)

Also guessing many of these end up as 'fantasy models' too :D

I'm guessing Sir Sultan has an impressive collection of very exclusive one-of-a-kind custom liveried scaled models presented by prospecting airframe salesmen/ladies :)

haha no comment. Some of the current fleet smaller scale models do end up with HMSF senior staff. The v8-029 blackhawk models are pretty impressive i must say :)

Spin no. He did visited one during one of the recent regional airshow and was subsequently given a scale model in HMSF colours. Said model is now standing alongside the rest of the A342, B762 and B744 models in the HMSF lobby.

Well, when BI first had the A320, I recall he did take it "out for a spin", with just a few hours notice.

And it is plausible that HMSF may operate a 787-8 ...

Well, when BI first had the A320, I recall he did take it "out for a spin", with just a few hours notice.

And it is plausible that HMSF may operate a 787-8 ...

The A320 was routinely decked with VIP seats then as well and quickly changed back to normal configurations on its return.

Rumour has it, RBA's fifth dreamliner could be destine towards HMSF replacing the B762. We'll just have to wait and see.

The A320 was routinely decked with VIP seats then as well and quickly changed back to normal configurations on its return.

Given that it is a quick change config...just how VIP are those "VIP seats"?

I know the 320s have served HMSF to places like IPH, HHQ...

Rumour has it, RBA's fifth dreamliner could be destine towards HMSF replacing the B762. We'll just have to wait and see.

Yup, heard about it too..that's why I said "plausible" earlier...but doing customised interiors take soo long...

FYI the Royal Regalia museum in the capital houses two of these fantasy models: a 747-8 Intercontinental in V8-ALI's former scheme and a 777-200LR with the Royal logo, with plinth descriptions mentioning them as gifts from Boeing to HM during some sort of aviation expo (I think). If I were to venture a guess, they were at least 1:72 scale. Here are some pics I took last time I went there:

DSC03592_vert.jpg: