MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fendy

Boeing 737...

Guest Fendy

some pics, special for radzi... love that '37! fly it proud!

dsc041916se.jpg

dsc041928ba.jpg

dsc041938qj.jpg

i too just love the baby Boeing..... those who fly it claims that is is like driving a sports car..... is it true.????

it is a robust aircraft! and it has served well with MH. unfortunately sad that it is going to leave MH in few years. but, on the other hand, new model will replace it and it is good for us spotters. hahaha

fendy, i love the scary background. i have been waiting for one. was it taken at 32L?

Guest Fendy

although i am eager to see the new aircraft, it is a bit sad to see this faithful workhorse go :(

Yup they served us well. Been on it many times .

Maybe we all Malaysian wings members can pool all our resources and wealth and buy all those workhorses and open up a new LCC..... calling it Air Wings or something ..haha.. who knows..?? Azahan can be next next T. Fernandes and Radzi can be the Chief Pilot. And maybe there will be a direct flight's to Dubai and our region manager from Dubai, Mr Imran K. can welcome all the pax. Not forgetting Pieter can Be our Fleet PLanner, TK can say check instead of reading the checklist on the fleet....what else.???? Chief stewerd Gavin.???? Engineer Fendy..???

For those who fly the 737 with MAS nowadays, you will wish they buy new equipment ASAP.

But still, I'm enjoying every flight, whenever everything works as it should.

I have seen two MH 737 with some strange patches on the engine 'lips' - the aluminium colour in front (sorry I don't know the proper word for it) It is as if there is a hole in it and instead of changing the whole thing, it is just slapped with a piece of metal and riveted!

I was on 9M-MMY three weeks ago and it is on the left engine, at 10 o'clock position looking from the front. It was clearly visible from my seat, with 12 rivets in total. In June last year, I saw two patches on the right engine of 9M-MMQ. Maybe it is fine from an engineering point of view, but looks unsightly.

Guest Fendy
fendy, i love the scary background. i have been waiting for one. was it taken at 32L?

2798[/snapback]

azahan, yes, 32L is the location of these shots... taken a lot closer to the lights than the usual spot we stand at...

was lucky with the background, the weather was acting funny... :p

rozhan,

happened to speak on same subject with one of MH's staff at hangar when visited romeo mike. but not on the specific aircraft you have mentioned. whatever it is, MH proposed for 10 rivets when submitted the rectification to seattle. seattle came back and proposed for additional 2.

fendy, i guess weather around this time could give us background like that. i should drive up there very soon!

Thanks for the info Azahan. So it seems some things can just tampal-tampal like Handyplast! Hope critical parts, especially deep inside and not easily seen, isn't just tampal-tampal work if need repairs.

dry.gif there are times where time are limiting to repair some patches and also spare parts to get...but then everything works ok as per the book.

Sometimes we must understand where there are few things on the plane can go without it, until such time repair will be done. Expiry dates are there for engineering to do something.

Works well though...

I remember once, some latches problems...HIGH SPEED tape will do for temporary seal or lock some latch, not all latch can be tape just like that.

And it is an approve method...remember, i've seen 'other' airline does such tape around something.

Thanks for the explanation TK. I know planes like the B737 is very robust and with excellent maintainence can continue service for many, many years.

It is also comforting to see pilots do the walk around the aircraft before a flight to ensure everthing is OK. They seem very serious doing it, for everyone's safety.

It is also comforting to see pilots do the walk around the aircraft before a flight to ensure everthing is OK. They seem very serious doing it, for everyone's safety.

3988[/snapback]

Yea, right............ huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif

I had a problem during my first flight on the 777...had to do the safety walkaround the aircraft...after being up in the cockpit, i told my Captain that i had a neck pain!!! Aircraft too big to "look up" most of the time... tongue.gif

737...one of the most robust aircraft i've known and flown.

Yea, right............ huh.gif  huh.gif  huh.gif

4005[/snapback]

I'd be happy to get to do a walkaround smile.gif , but just for taking pictures lah. I like the kinds of ground shots that Azahan had posted elsewhere, from uncommon and unique angles. I'm so bored with my shots from the departure lounge at KLIA, and through glass some more. My shots have some kind of greenish tint to them ,perhaps because of the tinted glass.

Anyway, I notice that before a flight, the ground staff has a cable like thing connected to the B737 and pulls it off before giving the thumbs-up to the pilot. What is he doing with the cable? Communicating with crew?

Also, what is the purpose of the bright orange 'Remove before Flight' thing at the wheels?

Just curious.

Read an article in Flight Int'l mentioning that Merpati of Indonesia is currently negotiating with MAS parent, PMB for the lease of MAS entire fleet of B734s and that MAS is favouring the NG B737-700/800 as replacement although A320 is also being considered.

Judging by this and could be wrong but heard an employee from MAS office here in Sydney whom happened to be my friend saying that A320 could likely lose out in the order as MAS future is to streamlime into more Boeing aircraft with exception to A380 and intended to replace it entire fleet of A330 to B787 or B777.

Could be crap rumuor but I will believe when an order is place to a specific model and make.

Sign in to follow this