MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
alberttky

Cathay Pacific to revamp first class: BOSE headphones, "more personal space"

Cathay Pacific is updating its first class suites in what the airline terms a ‘mid-life refresh’, ahead of the expected debut of a new first class around 2018.

Read full article at:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacific-to-revamp-first-class-bose-headphones-more-personal-space?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=flipper&utm_campaign=home-flipper

Alberttky: please don't copy-and-paste entire articles from Australian Business Traveller into this forum. It's not very courteous. Even though you've included a link to the original article at the bottom of your post, the fact that you have pasted the whole article here means there is no incentive or reason for anybody to click back to read the original article (which I wrote, as editor of Australian Business Traveller).

It's far more appropriate just to post the first paragraph of the article and then a link for people to read the rest of it. That way, Australian Business Traveller gets the traffic which supports advertising, which in turn pays my salary (as ABT is my full-time job) to allow me to write these articles.

With thanks,

David Flynn

Cathay Pacific is updating its first class suites in what the airline terms a mid-life refresh, ahead of the expecte.....flipper[/url]

Alberttky , thanks for the info but perhaps you needn't do the business travelers magazine (Australian version) such a big favour by highlighting their publication - and then be inelegantly rebuked so publicly by them .... Just for the sake of some online traffic. ... ( unfortunately I did go into their link , despite reading your posting - to see if there were any photos - I should know better next time )

There are other sources besides them , I am sure.

But do keep keeping us updated , Albert !

Edited by amanairways

Amanairways: I didn't see anything inelegant in my rebuke. As for photos of the new first class, CX says they won't be revealed until shortly before the first of the refreshed aircraft takes wing towards the end of July. :(

Alberttky , thanks for the info but perhaps you needn't do the business travelers magazine (Australian version) such a big favour by highlighting their publication - and then be inelegantly rebuked so publicly by them .... Just for the sake of some online traffic. ... ( unfortunately I did go into their link , despite reading your posting - to see if there were any photos - I should know better next time )

There are other sources besides them , I am sure.

But do keep keeping us updated , Albert !

I don't really see the need of belittling Mr. Flynn for asserting his copyright to his article. I'm sure that had it been your intellectual property you'd assert your copyright as well.

I don't really see the need of belittling Mr. Flynn for asserting his copyright to his article. I'm sure that had it been your intellectual property you'd assert your copyright as well.

Totally agreed. Wholesale lifting is disrespectful to the author. I used to do this too but nowadays I'll summarise the contents instead.

Also this is the first thing you learn while writing thesis - never ever lift the whole content, summarise or quote the relevant parts.

Very few ppl actually 'click outbound links' from my webmastering experience.

Naim: I think it depends on the material and the website. For what it's worth, traffic from MalaysianWings.Net into AusBT has tripled since Alberttky very thoughtfully edited his original post (for which I thank him) to be just the lead par and a link rather than the entire story. The total number of clicks through from MalaysianWings.Net might not be huge but it all counts, especially when it contributes to traffic which pays my wage as a professional journalist/editor.

Sign in to follow this