MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ikman Ikreza

AirAsia fined by Australian court for not including taxes, charges in advertised air fares

Just arrived KUL from KIX, eight days in Japan. Only RM700 roundtrip, all-in. Love you, D7. :-)

[img=http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9064/jetob.png]

jestar australia also didnt display full fare in its promo. double standard?

I believe Air Asia did not display their surcharge with the published fare. Jetstar's fare did not include baggage which is okay (as you can have no baggage or up to 40kg baggage), but it does include the fuel surcharges.

Jetstar's ad does display what is not included. Previously a lot of D7's fare does not include this tag. Particularly with the zero fare promotion which lured people to think it is free and they make their money back from the surcharge.

Edited by S V Choong

jestar australia also didnt display full fare in its promo. double standard?

If Jetstar advertises its fares for $39 then you will be paying the $39 for what is advertised, and they advertised this fare for example, without baggage. This is totally acceptable as they have clearly shown what the consumer will be buying. One also has to read the terms and conditions of the fares before committing to purchase, like the fare rules etc...

I have brought sale JQ fares for $69 on MEL-BNE and only paid that much.

What time were you at KIX Doc ?

Flew with D7534 last weekend 15/12, returned yesterday D7535. First time ever, I had a female commander - Capt Norashikin Onn - for the KIX-KUL sector. :)

Ah I see, yours was an afternoon flight

The weather improved any bit from the miserable state it was at from morning by then ?

Edited by BC Tam

Sign in to follow this