MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
JuliusWong

Former 9M-MGI crashed in Sudan last week

http://mirayafm.net/index.php/south-sudan-news/10188-returnee-plane-makes-forced-landing-in-aweil

16 November 2012

A plane carrying returnees from Khartoum has made a forced landing in Aweil, Northern Bahr el Ghazel.

The fixed-wing craft with 57 passengers on board was forced to come down at Aweil airport at about 5 o'clock this evening.

Some passengers sustained slight injuries, details of the incident are still not clear.

Speaking to journalists at Aweil Airport, the Deputy Governor of Northern Bahr el Ghazal State, Madut Dut Yel, thanked the pilot for saving the lives of the passengers.

The plane belonging to Kenyan company "Sky World" International was contracted by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) to transport the refugees.

Meanwhile, Jetlink Express has suspended flights to Juba.

The regional airline based in Nairobi, Kenya, has suspended flights with immediate effect with no indication of when operations along the Nairobi-Juba route would resume.

The reasons behind the suspension are not clear although some media reports say it is linked to a shortage of foreign currency, which is needed to buy fuel and manage the aircraft.

Spotted the aircraft on delivery via Dhaka, Bangladesh, February 2012

IMG_8108.jpg

http://mirayafm.net/...anding-in-aweil

16 November 2012

A plane carrying returnees from Khartoum has made a forced landing in Aweil, Northern Bahr el Ghazel.

The fixed-wing craft with 57 passengers on board was forced to come down at Aweil airport at about 5 o'clock this evening.

Some passengers sustained slight injuries, details of the incident are still not clear.

Speaking to journalists at Aweil Airport, the Deputy Governor of Northern Bahr el Ghazal State, Madut Dut Yel, thanked the pilot for saving the lives of the passengers.

The plane belonging to Kenyan company "Sky World" International was contracted by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) to transport the refugees.

Meanwhile, Jetlink Express has suspended flights to Juba.

The regional airline based in Nairobi, Kenya, has suspended flights with immediate effect with no indication of when operations along the Nairobi-Juba route would resume.

The reasons behind the suspension are not clear although some media reports say it is linked to a shortage of foreign currency, which is needed to buy fuel and manage the aircraft.

Spotted the aircraft on delivery via Dhaka, Bangladesh, February 2012

IMG_8108.jpg

RIP 9M-MGI :sorry:

Goes to show how good maintenance(and a healthy maintenance budget) are required to operate F50s safely. MAS has been operating F50s for years without any fatal incidents.

F50s spares are rare too, not to mention expensive. Talk to any maintenance guys and they'll vouch for it. Among the many reason why MAS had to change to ATR because of the spare issue.

I've worked with F50s and they're good aircrafts. Save for the airconds systems which the space aren't suited for those who are claustrophobic!

MAS has been operating F50s for years without any fatal incidents

Not true - think TWU

Though incident I believe was not equipment related

Not true - think TWU

if it is F-27 he referring to then it would have been true. :D

Edited by S V Choong

Not true - think TWU

Ahh...I have heard different story though. Conspiracy theory.

Ahh...I have heard different story though. Conspiracy theory.

In Malaysia it's common to have an alternative take on anything and everything under the sun :D

Please share your story :)

Edited by BC Tam

In Malaysia it's common to have an alternative take on anything and everything under the sun :D

Please share your story :)

Not just in Malaysia.... pretty much everywhere else in the world!

Ever heard of 9/11 conspiracy theory?

Waiping, please share your story! Curious minds wanna know!

Edited by S V Choong

Sign in to follow this