MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
alex.gill

Shooting 32R deps from the 'plantation spot'

Morning folks,

I will be at KUL in 2 weeks time (23/11) spotting with some friends for the day (we're doing a spotting trip though the area). We are really hoping to go to the 32R spot in the afternoon (if the 32s are being used) and catch some shots of things departing. Is it still possible to shoot from the 32R plantation spot? Is the best way to get there by taxi seeing as we won't have a car. Do airport security ever move police from here?

Any information would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Alex

Last time I went to the plantation spot, the palm oil trees has grown and you can't shoot aircraft touching down on 14L anymore. For 32R departure with aircraft already airborne, it could be possible. Try check out any 32R or 14L thread in this forum for possible photo examples.

If you're using a 300mm or longer lens on a 1.5/1.6X crop body, maybe you don't need to go inside the plantation. I am exploring new roadside sites which are easy to access, and the junction to the road leading to the radar installation, within walking distance from KLIA Downtown roundabout seems to be usable. I shot the MH A380 from the site earlier (check out the MH A380 thread) and only need minimal crop using a 50D and a 70-300 lens. Also remember that it rains almost every afternoon at this time of the year, and it will come quite suddenly.

eaglensnake.jpg

Not to mention the eagle's food.

Sign in to follow this