MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
xtemujin

2012 ADF airshow coming to Perth

ADF airshow coming to Perth

Item by australianaviation.com.au at 4:33 pm, Friday April 20 2012

The ADF will hold a Defence Air Show at RAAF Base Pearce near Perth on the weekend of May 19-20.

The show will feature the PC-9/A and Hawk 127 training aircraft based at Pearce as well as F/A-18 Super and ‘classic’ Hornets, C-130 and C-17A airlifters, the AP-3C Orion maritime reconnaissance plane and the KC-30A Multi-Role Tanker Transport.

The show will also feature the RAAF band, precision drill displays and military working dogs.

Tickets are on sale now at www.airforce.gov.au/airshows and cost $20 for adults and $5 for children.

http://australianavi...oming-to-perth/

The following military aircraft are expected to participate in the Air Show:

• F/A-18 A/B Classic Hornet
  • F/A-18 F Super Hornet
  • C-130 Hercules
  • C-17A Globemaster
  • CL-604 Challenger
  • 737 BBJ (Boeing Business Jet)
  • KC-30A Multi Role Tanker Transport
  • AP-3C Orion
  • PC-9/A
  • Hawk 127
  • The Roulettes (comprised seven PC-9/A aircraft)
  • RAAF Balloon
  • Navy Seahawk

The following civilian and historical aircraft are expected to participate in the Air Show:

• Nanchang
  • Winjeel
  • Rebel 300
  • Beechcraft 18
  • Laser 230
  • Chipmunk

The following international aircraft are expected to participate in the Air Show:

• B52 bomber (USAF)
  • KC135 Tanker (USAF)
  • Flying training display (RSAF)
  • C-130H (RSAF)

All aircraft and displays are subject to operational requirements, weather and aircraft availability and may change.

Well I will certainly be going.

For those interested, there is a chartered Q400 going up on Saturday May 19th.

Hello all

Good news! I'm pleased to announce I've finalized the charter arrangements for the Saturday 19th May to the RAAF Pearce airshow. The charter will be operated by a QantasLink Dash-8-400Q aircraft.

The flight will depart Perth Domestic Airport (Qantas domestic terminal - T2) at 0900hrs, aririving Pearce at 0920hrs. The return flight departs Pearce at 1700hrs, arriving back into Perth at 1720hrs.

Ticket price below includes airfare and Air Show entry:

$175 - Adults

$160 - Children 5-15yrs

$155 - Children 2-5yrs

Free - Children under 2yrs

If it’s like previous Air Shows, seats will be limited so early booking recommended! Payment required at the time of booking.

At this stage I have no plans for a Sunday charter unless the Saturday flight sells out.

Contact, me, Luke on 93875822 or email luke@amity-travelworld.com for futher details or bookings.

Peter,

Are there any other alternative transport to RAAF Pearse as l don't drive.

Thanks for the heads up about the chartered flight.

Cheers.

Are there any other alternative transport to RAAF Pearce as l don't drive.

Cheers.

I'm planning to fly a light aircraft in, all seats taken at the moment, but if someone pulls out, I will let you know.

PS, is Xtemujin your name?

Cheers,

Paul

Edited by Paul Saccani

MIR

Peter Smith

Many thanks for the intel.

Paul Saccani

I'm like 50/50 about going down to Perth as just knew about it a few days ago.

No worries, many thanks for the offer.

XT is my online callsign.

Cheers.

From previous years experience:

If possible, take the charter flight in - so much more enjoyable - and quickly in and out! Traffic can be an absolute nightmare, especially when leaving at the end of the day - Public transport included.

Alternatively, if you drive - leave early to prevent gettring stuck.

All in all - a pretty enjoyable day out - Wonder if they'll let the EX-Red Arrow guys now at Cathay do their A330 stunts again. Skywest F50 and Q-Link 717 usually make an appearance too.

Many thanks for the advice.

Cheers.

From previous years experience:

If possible, take the charter flight in - so much more enjoyable - and quickly in and out! Traffic can be an absolute nightmare, especially when leaving at the end of the day - Public transport included.

Alternatively, if you drive - leave early to prevent gettring stuck.

All in all - a pretty enjoyable day out - Wonder if they'll let the EX-Red Arrow guys now at Cathay do their A330 stunts again. Skywest F50 and Q-Link 717 usually make an appearance too.