MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Imran K.

Chatter Chatter

AFAIK, They only sell ATC SCANNERS in the outbound duty free section of OMDB. However, the prices are outrageous and the choice is only limited to those made by ICOM.

Your best bet is to purchase a 'cute late model' scanner overseas, and if possible, find a way to bring it into Malaysia. Bear in mind that the posession and usage of an ATC scanner without the appropriate license (i.e Ham radio license/Pilots Radio License etc) is illegal.

Jangan kena tangkap sudeyy... :p :p

Btw...how was your KWI-DOH-DXB sector?

AFAIK, They only sell ATC SCANNERS in the outbound duty free section of OMDB. However, the prices are outrageous and the choice is only limited to those made by ICOM.

Your best bet is to purchase a 'cute late model' scanner overseas, and if possible, find a way to bring it into Malaysia. Bear in mind that the posession and usage of an ATC scanner without the appropriate license (i.e Ham radio license/Pilots Radio License etc) is illegal.

Jangan kena tangkap sudeyy... :p :p

Btw...how was your KWI-DOH-DXB sector?

OK, thanks for tip. So no new scanner from DXB.

I now have a mtg with the Qatar Foundation, so for the privilege of landing on Qatari soil, I have to cough up some more moolah. At least I get to see Doha before those Asian Games blokes! B)

.ny

Here I am in my bedroom at 11.40pm 29/3/06 Malaysian time, and a female voice is on 132.8 for clearance to VPG. Lady-pilots being a rare species, I opened my ear and heard her calling from N674RW. Did a quick search on the web, and found that 674RW is a Coca-Cola Gulfstream V biz-jet. It's not so boring after all here. :-)

.ny

Cool bro. I do that too. I live in high rise appartment in Damansara Perdana and can receive quite good ATC transmission.. :D :lol:

I use a old sturdy reliable Sony Air-8 scanner. B)

Hey..maybe you guys could help me out there...

As you may or may not know, my scanner works on a line of sight basis, thus Ive been contemplating erecting a metallic pole on my roof so as to boost the "line of sight" of my scanner and thus receive clearer transmissions.

How do I go about doing that? I understand I need a coaxial cable of some sort but I cant understand how I should go about connecting the entire assembly...

Thanks in advance B)

how can i get this i remeber last time a frech acrobatic tem paid a visit in SUbang i see some doods bring in some humongos scanner which i can hear those french speaking...... :o

how can i get how can bring in malaysia ..... :unsure:

Hey..maybe you guys could help me out there...

As you may or may not know, my scanner works on a line of sight basis, thus Ive been contemplating erecting a metallic pole on my roof so as to boost the "line of sight" of my scanner and thus receive clearer transmissions.

How do I go about doing that? I understand I need a coaxial cable of some sort but I cant understand how I should go about connecting the entire assembly...

Thanks in advance B)

Get a custom made extendable coaxial antenna... like those old fashion car/radio chrome finishes antenna. Get a long one..say about 8 ft long...should do the job fine. Oh..this only applies to air scanner receiver only. Cannot use for 2 way radio.

how can i get this i remeber last time a frech acrobatic tem paid a visit in SUbang i see some doods bring in some humongos scanner which i can hear those french speaking...... :o

how can i get how can bring in malaysia ..... :unsure:

get thru internet..www.sportys.com prepare to produce your flight license upon receiving the items at customs.

or you can head down to Singapore Sim Lim Tower/Square... lotsa goodies u can get there...like Garmin handheld GPS sets and 2-way air scanners. Most of the pro-shops are located at well hidden areas ..eg..isolated back end of the shops.... gotta search them....open your eyes wide wide :blink: ;)

I use a old sturdy reliable Sony Air-8 scanner. B)

Glad to see another satisfied customer of the good ol' Sony :rolleyes:

Glad to see another satisfied customer of the good ol' Sony :rolleyes:

Yeah Pieter... still in good working condition :D

I first used it back in the early 90s when it was belonged to my friend whom just joined SQ as a cadet pilot. He's a 747-400 Captain today. B)

Edited by Phoon Chee Yuen

opps min chun , now only i open this treat, sorry for late replying your request...

yea i still got, it had already becam my 'sms' tone :lol: malaysian niner one rolling....

That is what i am thinking of..You grab my idea first... <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D">

It's ok d, i looked thru TK's post and the file still available there.. ;)

Sign in to follow this