MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
amzari

Abandoned Fokker F-50s at Subang

Ah, okay :) Was always under the impression that F50 is just the Fokker F50 for short. I recently took a flight in a Fokker 75. Since I was sitting at the last row, the engine literally blocked all of my view, and it was deafening. All my life my previous flight experiences were that of aircraft with engines on the wings, not on the fuselage itself.

Thx for the clarification.

I recently took a flight in a Fokker 75. Since I was sitting at the last row, the engine literally blocked all of my view, and it was deafening.

Wow, Kelvin, where/when did you fly this type ? should have been Fokker 70, and not many around in Asia :o Was it Vietnam, or Silkair, when they still use them ?

Please, let us all know ;)

It was via a KLM Cityhopper, en route to Germany via Amsterdam. The 747-400 to Amsterdam wasn't nearly as unbearable as I thought it would be :)

Funny story though. Upon landing in Schiphol, the pilot missed his taxi exit, and has to run down the entire stretch of the taxi lane, turn around into the main runway, and then back into the taxiway. It's hilarious. We lost like 15 minutes of time because of that stunt.

Because the Fokker 75 is a small plane, it felt every bit like a small plane should. Turbulence was noticable, and the landing almost always feels hard. Perhaps that's just my luck then :)

Sign in to follow this