MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Robert

MI cost for KUL-SIN

Fromtime to time MI/SQ seem to bump up their fares significantly which usuallydrives me to plan a little better and take AK/TR or even the bus. This sillyseason usually lasts for 1-3 months or until the loads drop and then things returnto normal.

Iwent to book my weekly return ticket and found that the cost of a return hadjumped RM200 which is absolutely crazy. I know some of the staff at KLIA andthey complain that the management have no idea then wonder why the loads drop.

Aghhh....need to pay out a $$$$ sum now L

You mean MI is charging higher fees than other competitors? Yes, I agree. Usually I take Tiger or Jetstar. If not Aeroline bus since they have a station at Sunway Pyramid.

Of the many airlines plying KUL-SIN vv., SQ and MI are usually the most expensive, touching RM 600- RM800 range. Third would be MH itself. However, sometimes MH fares can top RM400+ excluding fuel surcharge etc. The latter is expensive.

AK get sold out fast but sometimes you do get a bit of cheap fare here and there in last minute. And they have nth number of flight per day. At least one to two flights leave LCCT every hour. However, bare in mind the fuel surcharge and luggage fee.

Jetstar is cheap as well, with cheaper luggage fee compared to AK but the schedule wouldn't allow one to do one day trip, thats for me. Not sure for you. They like the number RM 89.95 or RM 129.95 etc....lolx!

Tiger, fare is dirt cheap with quite a number of flight daily. The baggage fee is cheap

as well. The only annoying thing is that the booking system, you must buy luggage for return trip. I managed to get RM 180 return last time. Did my booking a week before.

There are some other third countries' airline such as Sri Lanka etc....not sure about their fare, never try before....

In my opinion, I would go for low cost carrier since it is just a short 30 minutes flight...but thats for me. :rolleyes:

You mean MI is charging higher fees than other competitors? Yes, I agree. Usually I take Tiger or Jetstar. If not Aeroline bus since they have a station at Sunway Pyramid.

Of the many airlines plying KUL-SIN vv., SQ and MI are usually the most expensive, touching RM 600- RM800 range. Third would be MH itself. However, sometimes MH fares can top RM400+ excluding fuel surcharge etc. The latter is expensive.

AK get sold out fast but sometimes you do get a bit of cheap fare here and there in last minute. And they have nth number of flight per day. At least one to two flights leave LCCT every hour. However, bare in mind the fuel surcharge and luggage fee.

Jetstar is cheap as well, with cheaper luggage fee compared to AK but the schedule wouldn't allow one to do one day trip, thats for me. Not sure for you. They like the number RM 89.95 or RM 129.95 etc....lolx!

Tiger, fare is dirt cheap with quite a number of flight daily. The baggage fee is cheap

as well. The only annoying thing is that the booking system, you must buy luggage for return trip. I managed to get RM 180 return last time. Did my booking a week before.

There are some other third countries' airline such as Sri Lanka etc....not sure about their fare, never try before....

In my opinion, I would go for low cost carrier since it is just a short 30 minutes flight...but thats for me. :rolleyes:

LCC's are not cheaper if you fly friday evening and sundayPM/Monday AM unless you book months in advance.

For the past 1-2 months Ive been using MI and booking a KUL-SIN-KUL ticket for approx RM550. When I went to book the ticket for this weekend I noticed its increased to RM770. I checked future dates and found the same thing. This seems to happen from time to time so I'm hoping that its resolved soon.

For the record the costs flying today and returning friday evening:

Tiger RM705 + booking fees + hotseats

Silk Air RM774

Air Asia RM723 + booking + hotseats

SQ RM774

MAS - cannot get exact figure but typically RM750-800

LCC's are not cheaper if you fly friday evening and sundayPM/Monday AM unless you book months in advance.

For the past 1-2 months Ive been using MI and booking a KUL-SIN-KUL ticket for approx RM550. When I went to book the ticket for this weekend I noticed its increased to RM770. I checked future dates and found the same thing. This seems to happen from time to time so I'm hoping that its resolved soon.

For the record the costs flying today and returning friday evening:

Tiger RM705 + booking fees + hotseats

Silk Air RM774

Air Asia RM723 + booking + hotseats

SQ RM774

MAS - cannot get exact figure but typically RM750-800

Maybe because we are heading towards end of year peak season. I have checked flights to other destination on AK and generally the fare is pretty much higher from now top Dec. Can't get cheap fare even on weekdays.

O.o....thats steep...Am sorry for your predicament. Am not sure why the fare is that expensive. Previously I did my trip over weekend as well. Flew to SIN Fri evening and back on Sun evening. Guess I was lucky then.

Just did a dummy bookin PEN-SIN return. Outbound 31st Oct. Inbound 04th Nov

MH Y Class: MYR 1220

MI Y Class: MYR 924 to MYR 1074 (depending on which flight you take)

This is really crazy ........ for just a 1 hour hop....

MI does have the Hot Deals, about RM272 one way. I personally prefer 3K - Competitive pricing and departure from KLIA itself.

Nope they have stopped. This happens a few times per year

Do what I do to avoid the last minute fares these LCC's charge - I have a AK flight booked every other weekend till April 2012 to go KUL-SIN on Friday night returning SIN-KUL on Sunday night, all booked months ago.

So far this year I ended up using about 4 out of 10, throwaway 60% - but at RM 100 and a bit roundtrip - if i divide the money I paid for for 10 by 4 trips on average, it works out to about RM 200 ish per trip, not so bad. You just have to be a little bit flexible with your schedules, otherwise, this way works best for me.

Just been looking a the MI flights again

Seems that today they have added the hot deals back in butbumped the price up RM100 compared to previously. In addition it seems that themany flights are not available under the cheaper seats so I guess they are tryingto improve their yield management.

The thing that has really surprised me is that until a weekago it was cheaper by a long way to fly KUL-SIN-KUL however now its slightly cheaperthe other way round due to the currency exchangerate.

I guess they are still testing the water.........

Do what I do to avoid the last minute fares these LCC's charge - I have a AK flight booked every other weekend till April 2012 to go KUL-SIN on Friday night returning SIN-KUL on Sunday night, all booked months ago.

So far this year I ended up using about 4 out of 10, throwaway 60% - but at RM 100 and a bit roundtrip - if i divide the money I paid for for 10 by 4 trips on average, it works out to about RM 200 ish per trip, not so bad. You just have to be a little bit flexible with your schedules, otherwise, this way works best for me.

Suzanne its an interesting idea. The issue I have is that Im not 100% of my schedule i.e whether I can leave early on a friday and wheth I have any sunday afternoon/evening functions until 1-2 weeks before.

I guess I need to wait to start looking and see if your method is cost effective for me.

Guess you may need to book last flight out of KL and last flight out of Singapore would be safest bet. :)

Yep true - but if possible I try and get an early one so I can have late dinner with my family

Sign in to follow this