MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ken K. Kour

EK 773 (EK432) of Runway At WSSS

i saw the pict on A.net. the pict is blury (no flash i guess or camera phone). report says that so many fire truck around it. This is the first time 777-300ER involved.

Azuddin

oh dam..and it's an ER

Wonder what went wrong..

Edited by raj

Alrite...got some info for u guys (btw...gavin..still remeber the tok sheikh stuff ah? :lol: )

Chaotic day in the EK HQ this morning..with the Sheikh optin to take an SQ flight to SIN to survey the damage himself.

Apparently, the pilot opted for a Derated T/O (possibly-15%) and didnt reach his V1 early enough to safely takeoff thus opting for a RTO. Obviously he couldnt brake in time and went off the other end of the runway.

Now..this is only based on what ive heard from very reliable sources. Bear in mind that they could be making this up to cover up the real reason...so don't take my word as law.

Another version has also cropped up, this time amongst some pilots, who said that the aircraft slipped off during a taxi...then again...im not sure about this...

Thank god it wasnt a red belly...thank god... :) :) :)

Edited by Imran K.

Using a derate power setting is a normal procedure for takeoff. And it has already taken into account of runway length and obstacle clearance on the takeoff path. So rejecting the takeoff because of insufficient runway left for takeoff is not an issue.

Always full T/O thrust is available at anytime during the takeoff roll by a simple click of the TO/GA switches. We click TO/GA on engine failure after V1 and also on Winshear on takeoff roll.

I cannot help but to reiterate again and again, never speculate any incidents or accidents. Let the investigators do their job. Even investigators of different countries have different views on incidents. They always blame each other when the s#1t hits the fan.

Last but not least, my personal opinion, I think the forum people in airliners.net have to much time on their hand trying to predict on so many posssibilities in aviation industry. My personal thoughts....

LeeCH

Using a derate power setting is a normal procedure for takeoff. And it has already taken into account of runway length and obstacle clearance on the takeoff path. So rejecting the takeoff because of insufficient runway left for takeoff is not an issue.

Always full T/O thrust is available at anytime during the takeoff roll by a simple click of the TO/GA switches. We click TO/GA on engine failure after V1 and also on Winshear on takeoff roll.

I cannot help but to reiterate again and again, never speculate any incidents or accidents. Let the investigators do their job. Even investigators of different countries have different views on incidents. They always blame each other when the s#1t hits the fan.

Last but not least, my personal opinion, I think the forum people in airliners.net have to much time on their hand trying to predict on so many posssibilities in aviation industry. My personal thoughts....

LeeCH

well said!

Sign in to follow this