MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Norman

PIA Bomb Threat at KLIA

My flight from TGG scheduled for arrival at 2215 lastnight was delayed a bit due

to the bomb threat....

Check with MAB Website, revealed these news

1. MAHB 1

2. MAHB 2

3. MAHB 3

I was wondering why our AK flight was delayed for take off and MH flight, which already pushed

back earlier than FY, took off much later than FY... must be holding more than 20min on the runway.

Only single runway 32R in ops when we arrived...

Thanks God... it was just a false threat..

I wonder did this affect operation in SIN as well as last night there was a 'congestion' there around 7pm.

Not only bomb threat at KLIA, but another PIA plane make emergency landings at Istanbul airport as well due to bomb threat yesterday.

Two PIA planes make emergency landings after bomb threat

KARACHI: Two international flights of the national flag carrier PIA had to make an emergency landing at the Istanbul and Kuala Lumpur airports following bomb threats on aircrafts.

PIA’s Manchester-bound flight from Lahore had to make an emergency landing at Ataturk International Airport, in Istanbul, following a bomb threat on the aircraft. A spokesman for PIA told The News that an email received at some office of airline had alerted its authorities regarding threat of planting of bombs on two flights of the PIA ie PK-898 Lahore to Kuala Lumpur and PK-709 Lahore to Manchester.

He said the PIA flight PK-898 had safely landed at Kuala Lumpur Airport after which the aircraft was searched for clearance. Later, the plane was declared clear from safety point of view. Airbus A-310 aircraft was used for the Kuala Lumpur-bound flight, which would later return to Lahore as PK-899.

The PIA spokesman said the Manchester-bound flight carried around 346 passengers and it departed from Lahore airport at 12 noon on Wednesday. Security officials with sniffer dogs searched the plane when it landed at the Istanbul airport.

According to the Turkish media, the bomb alert came as the aircraft was flying over the Bulgarian capital of Sofia, which caused panic among passengers. The plane made emergency landing at the Istanbul airport as Istanbul being nearer to its position of movement.

The spokesman for national flag carrier told The News around 11:00pm on Wednesday that security clearance had been given to the PIA plane. He said the PIA aircraft Boeing-777 remained at Istanbul Airport for around four hours.

Source : http://www.thenews.com.pk/TodaysPrintDetail.aspx?ID=8644&Cat=13

wow...this terrorist thing is pretty real and scary. This people knows no boundaries and will go all out to complete their mission.

The only hope is on the security measures taken up to prevent tragedies from the host country.

In addition, Malaysia is also not to be too complacent on this sort of threats.

Even when you don't disagree with their cause, it doesn't mean you are immune to their attacks.

That makes sense when there were a lot of maroon barret 'askar' with their 'senapang' at KUL just now. I was on my way to PEN, and I saw not only one, but a handful of commando squad mingling around at the check in area together with policeman!

That makes sense when there were a lot of maroon barret 'askar' with their 'senapang' at KUL just now. I was on my way to PEN, and I saw not only one, but a handful of commando squad mingling around at the check in area together with policeman!

Thought that's fairly common. Have seen them a few times as well along with regular policemen and regular "soldiers".

Those soldiers are from Bridget 10 and 8 Renjer PARA from Terendak, Melaka. They have been patrolling KLIA for the past 2 months with Pasukan Gerak Am (PGA) as instructed by KDN.

Those soldiers are from Bridget 10 and 8 Renjer PARA from Terendak, Melaka. They have been patrolling KLIA for the past 2 months with Pasukan Gerak Am (PGA) as instructed by KDN.

No wonder. I have seen them a few times at KLIA before the PIA incident yesterday.

Rejimen Gerak Khas @ KUL is not a common site!

bro....RGK only wears dark green beret.....

The red beret folks are also known as PAC (Pasukan Aturgerak Cepat aka Fast Reaction Force)....I wonder why KDN choose PAC to patrol KLIA....surely they have better things to do than using paratroopers to patrol KLIA

my bad

but to see military personnel in their celoreng and armed is unusual for me!

World peace!

no prob.....in SIN their NS servicemen will patrol with the police from time to time in the airport. The NS (National Servicemen) will be in full battle gear with their standard rifle. The police will be also on full battle gear with HK-MP5

Also in HK back during the post 911, their police will be in dark blue SWAT alike uniforms (minus the balaclava) with full battle gear and also armed with HK-MP5 variants

Also in HK back during the post 911, their police will be in dark blue SWAT alike uniforms (minus the balaclava) with full battle gear and also armed with HK-MP5 variants

I think there are still these people at HKIA now right ? I've seen them early this year, if my memory serves me correctly.

I think there are still these people at HKIA now right ? I've seen them early this year, if my memory serves me correctly.

Not sure we everytime when I pass thru HK (monthly basis) so far I only see the normal Hong Kong Police patrolling....

I am still in need of convincing that the sight of all those more than adequately armed uniformed personnel, be they police, NS servicemen, SWAT's, RGK, PAC etc, is supposed to make me feel more secure about my personal safety :pardon:

Sign in to follow this