MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Keith T

CA faces opposition in joining Star Alliance...

Star Alliance already big lah, they can join others kan? This press also don't know how to spell cathay pacific :lol:

You're talking about a major mainland Chinese carrier here.

Get into Skyteam, so far Star and OW already had many Chinese and aisan carrier. Skyteam only got one asian so far.

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

a bit off topic here... actually i am wondering why MAS don't join any of the alliance? i think the alliance will help a bit... anyway, do the airline have to pay for joining the alliance??

a bit off topic here... actually i am wondering why MAS don't join any of the alliance? i think the alliance will help a bit... anyway, do the airline have to pay for joining the alliance??

MH joining alliance whats everyone hoping for right now...............they will get a huge benefits with helps from airlines all over the world especially if they join skyteam, because they lack of Asian, Middle eastern and most definately Australian routes. :)

Enrich miles will be more beneficial if it is a skyteam(or others alliance) miles card, as we know that MH Enrich is sux :(

I don't know if Airline has to pay to join alliance, but I believe the airline has to revise their schedule..idrk :p

MH joining alliance whats everyone hoping for right now...............they will get a huge benefits with helps from airlines all over the world especially if they join skyteam, because they lack of Asian, Middle eastern and most definately Australian routes. :)

Enrich miles will be more beneficial if it is a skyteam(or others alliance) miles card, as we know that MH Enrich is sux :(

I don't know if Airline has to pay to join alliance, but I believe the airline has to revise their schedule..idrk :p

Airlines have to pay a shitload to join an alliance or withdraw from one.

Get into Skyteam, so far Star and OW already had many Chinese and aisan carrier. Skyteam only got one asian so far.

Azuddin

I don't think any of the mainland Chinese carriers have joined an alliance, except talks of CZ joining ST.

i agree with u, with enrich, i already lost 29,000 points. it's because of expiration. the book says that some partner airline like NWA, KLM and Swiss take enrich, but my dad already try but they don't accept enrich. so my dad use his Skyteam and Flying Blue which both already platinum. I agree if MH join Skyteam, it's less the competition in Asia. Star Alliance already have competition in asia, and Malaysia stuck between it, what i mean is SQ and TG.

we might get KUL-IAH nonstop with MH or CO as benefit :D :D

Azuddin

yeah, u wish! KUL-LAX and KUL-EWR need to be beefed up first to daily services. forget IAH! :)

if we join ST...then maybe we'll have joint service with CO on the KUL-EWR route!

MH can do 4xweekly, CO can do the other 3xweekly.

we can only dream....:)

When MH join skyteam, North American and Malaysian can be easily interact. This can make people from both countries travel thru CO and MH served routes. If MH join skyteam, MH will be really strong in South/North America sky :)

Just my dua cent worth

herm... really hope that MAS will consider it... how big is the chance for MAS getting to skyteam at this moment anyway? any guys have any idea??

maybe we should write a letter to consult with Mr Idris :lol:

When MH join skyteam, North American and Malaysian can be easily interact. This can make people from both countries travel thru CO and MH served routes. If MH join skyteam, MH will be really strong in South/North America sky :)

Just my dua cent worth

There's 3 US carrier in Skyteam, DL, NWA and CO. In current condition, DL might out of this matter. Malaysia might get join service from CO and NWA, NWA which is also MH enrich partner. NWA flight might be LAX-KUL via NRT, since NRT is like NWA base in the east. CO might serve EWR-KUL via Stockholm. the service don't have to be daily, 2 to 3 time a week is good enough. MH could start to cut out some route or stop daily flight and save more as these route served by skyteam partners. MH will be a strong airline if it is this way.

just my cheap suggestion

Azuddin

BTW, found something related on MAP. it's and artwork by one of our MWinger, M N Fairizuan. very nice.

MAS in Skyteam

but this is what i have in mind :D

IPB Image

Azuddin

from what i head somewhere MH won join any allielance at any time for now :(

maybe the Loss is also 1 of teh factor and aslo AF just blocking MH joining ST (from what i hear ;)

from what i head somewhere MH won join any allielance at any time for now :(

maybe the Loss is also 1 of teh factor and aslo AF just blocking MH joining ST (from what i hear ;)

how is AF blocking MH??

how is AF blocking MH??

i want to know too. MH fly to CDG though, AF hub.

Azuddin

how is AF blocking MH??

It would seem that they would much rather prefer convincing TG to defect from *A.

Another offtopic......................................... :lol:

from China Airlines to MH...........cool :)

CA is Air China.

China Airlines is CI. :p

CX only holds 10% of the shares in CA though so I don't know how much control the former really has on the latter. But you can bet *A members will soon be spitting s#1t in light of the fact that a ow member is trying to deny them access to the biggest (or one of the biggest?) mainland Chinese carrier (ie cash cow).

Edited by Keith T

CA is Air China.

China Airlines is CI. :p

CX only holds 10% of the shares in CA though so I don't know how much control the former really has on the latter. But you can bet *A members will soon be spitting s#1t in light of the fact that a ow member is trying to deny them access to the biggest (or one of the biggest?) mainland Chinese carrier (ie cash cow).

Thank for the info

I don't really think that CX will effect CI decisions :)

Thank for the info

I don't really think that CX will effect CI decisions :)

I think you mean CA. ;)

Sign in to follow this