MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kris Kim

D7 > AK Connection

Hi, I booked a MEL - KUL flight on Air Asia's long-haul arm, D7 and wanted to know if a 2 Hour connection time in KUL is OK? I also booked a KUL-PEN segment afterwards. I booked these 2 flights as 2 different tickets and I'm abit worried that I might miss the PEN flight if my MEL flight comes in late or something else might happen. I hesistate because the next flight won't leave until 1:30PM, but I don't mind changing tickets or just cancel them as they were pretty cheap. If the PEN flight is delayed can I still get on? I will also have Checked baggage.

Anyone reccomend taking the bus or taxi to PEN? Or is 2 Hrs connection enough?

Thanks in advanced!

Edited by soorox

Generally speaking you should allow a minimum of 3 hours if you want to do a self connection because you need to clear immigration and baggage claim and re-check in.

However, D7/AK has been running the Fly Thru service for transit passengers. Do check out if you can get on this service. Here is their information page: http://www.airasia.com/my/en/tf_intro.page?

Anyone reccomend taking the bus or taxi to PEN? Or is 2 Hrs connection enough?

If without delay, 2 hours is enough. However, Murphy law will strike whenever is critical, recommend minimum 3 hours transit time else you may have anxious 8 hours trip from MEL.

:drinks:

Generally speaking you should allow a minimum of 3 hours if you want to do a self connection because you need to clear immigration and baggage claim and re-check in.

However, D7/AK has been running the Fly Thru service for transit passengers. Do check out if you can get on this service. Here is their information page: http://www.airasia.com/my/en/tf_intro.page?

If not mistaken FLY thru TRANSIT apply to transit at KUL and onward to other countries destination (not applicable within Malaysia destinations)

Edited by KA Quah

Thanks for all of your replys! :)

I have flew into KULs LCCT before and immigration was pretty quick but the baggage took a while to get out though. My flight to KUL from MEL was however delayed about 45 minutes, so I'm very anxious about the connection time I have, maybe it won't be enough, hopefully I can make it!

Immigration can be slow these days because of biometric scanning. It is still not too late to change your connecting flight. Believe me it is no fun if you need to do things at the airport!

^^ Thankyou again!

I am now considering changing my ticket, I hesitate because it would mean that I would be waiting in the Terminal for 4+ hours, where I could have got to PEN at around 1PM. But to be on the safe side I might change the times.

Sign in to follow this