MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
HanX

Hogan Wings New Arrivals....

Thank you, I didnt see the link earlier. BTW, i am a lady. :rolleyes:

wah...so difficult to find lady in this forum....anyway welcome on-board sis!:rolleyes:

wah...so difficult to find lady in this forum....anyway welcome on-board sis!:rolleyes:

LOL. because i am looking for a livery. My friend , he would love it as a birthday present. i do not know much about these collectibles, just thought i could use some help here in this forum.

LOL. because i am looking for a livery. My friend , he would love it as a birthday present. i do not know much about these collectibles, just thought i could use some help here in this forum.

i think he is very special for you.........;)

Edited by Kamalludin

yes he is. :)

can you help me? any idea where can i get a nice aircraft livery? to be honest, i have no idea about livery at all. my friend said he would want a livery, but does it mean getting an aircraft model with designs?

May i know where is your location? if you live arround kl you are also can get the aircraft model from this http://www.dai-kong.com/A-DKT-Showroom.html or call this number Tel/Fax : 603 - 2145 3863 H/P : 6012 - 657 4863 (Raymond). I think you can ask raymond detail about the models and i believe he will help you...

Normally, the models always come with the airliners design or in house color.....its a very odd if its come with only white or chrome color.....:mellow:

eclipselim,

for more models you can visit to my website www.myhobbyhouse.com

all the models are with details and pictures.

Regards

yes he is. :)

can you help me? any idea where can i get a nice aircraft livery? to be honest, i have no idea about livery at all. my friend said he would want a livery, but does it mean getting an aircraft model with designs?

Maybe the livery that he she mentioned is sticker?

Something like this?

FC44-010SingaporeAirlinesAirbusA340SpecialScheme.jpg

Edited by Alvin Liew

An 'aircraft livery' basically means the colourful patterns (often, but a dying trend nowadays) that airlines paint on the outside of their flying birds, largely to differentiate themselves as 'airline A' from 'airline B'

Has your friend ever hinted as to which airline's livery, and from which era, he may have an affinity to ? For eg. our MAS has had three major (and numerous minor) colour schemes already in her short history

Also, any idea what aircraft is he interested in ?

Good to see you're making the effort :)

May i know where is your location? if you live arround kl you are also can get the aircraft model from this http://www.dai-kong.com/A-DKT-Showroom.html or call this number Tel/Fax : 603 - 2145 3863 H/P : 6012 - 657 4863 (Raymond). I think you can ask raymond detail about the models and i believe he will help you...

Normally, the models always come with the airliners design or in house color.....its a very odd if its come with only white or chrome color.....:mellow:

Hey thanks i have contacted raymond. I am in KL, will be going over to his showroom soon. Definitely need some professional help since I am an total outsider in aviation collectibles

Maybe the livery that he she mentioned is sticker?

Something like this?

FC44-010SingaporeAirlinesAirbusA340SpecialScheme.jpg

Hi there, yes I thought my friend was referring solely to the paint job or the sticker as you call it. But is it possible to get just the sticker instead of the whole airplane model? Any idea where I could be looking for it?

An 'aircraft livery' basically means the colourful patterns (often, but a dying trend nowadays) that airlines paint on the outside of their flying birds, largely to differentiate themselves as 'airline A' from 'airline B'

Has your friend ever hinted as to which airline's livery, and from which era, he may have an affinity to ? For eg. our MAS has had three major (and numerous minor) colour schemes already in her short history

Also, any idea what aircraft is he interested in ?

Good to see you're making the effort :)

Hi to you. I did proceed to ask him for more details because it would be awful for me if I just happen to buy the wrong stuff :mellow: He mentioned MAS B747. At least now I know what he has in mind but after I did my research, it seems like this model is not being produced anymore.

To anyone who might have insight that could clarify my confusion : is it possible just to get the livery/ sticker as mentioned above by Alvin?

..... I did proceed to ask him for more details because it would be awful for me if I just happen to buy the wrong stuff :mellow: He mentioned MAS B747

The chap should be delighted with your search effort already - fact that you may get the wrong stuff should pale to insignificance by comparison :D

If it's MAS B747 livery stickers you're after, probably need to narrow it down a bit

1) What scale ? 1:144, 1:200, etc ?

2) Which 747 ? 747-236, 747-3H6, 747-4H6 ?

3) Cargo or Passenger version ?

4) Which livery ? Delivery colours with red cheatlines ? 2nd generation colours with red and blue cheatlines ? There is of course the 'Hibiscus' scheme too, but that will require one heck of a job !

Good luck !