MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

MAS Suffers Pre-Tax Loss Of RM238.25 Million In Q1

Most probably selling tickets at cheap prices that are not enough to cover the cost of goods sold. :sorry: :sorry:

I don't think MH's air fares are cheap... though may not as expensive as SQ, but still quite competitive.

Sometimes, MH flight can be more expensive than SQ ex-Australia.

Compared both once to CDG, SQ was RM90-100 cheaper than MH and you'd get an A380 as well.

Sometimes, MH flight can be more expensive than SQ ex-Australia.

Compared both once to CDG, SQ was RM90-100 cheaper than MH and you'd get an A380 as well.

More reason why MH's loss was not due to pricing... I suppose products and marketings... overspending too much on these...

Well their 2010 accounts have already sounded the warning when gross margins were so low (around 2%). They need to get their costs under control.

More reason why MH's loss was not due to pricing... I suppose products and marketings... overspending too much on these...

In Malaysia, people get promoted because of who they know and not what they know. When these people fill up top leadership and management, it's just a recipe for disaster and much embarassment. Guess MH is one example.

Sign in to follow this