MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Delwin A

AK A320 tyre burst?

Same... i like the MH Stewardesses, they seem to have a more natural beauty, less reliance on makeup... i shudder to think what those AK women look like without makeup on!! :lol: :lol: haha..

Same... i like the MH Stewardesses, they seem to have a more natural beauty, less reliance on makeup... i shudder to think what those AK women look like without makeup on!! :lol: :lol: haha..

MH stewardess are all beautiful :) To see the real stewardess beauty is fly North American and European airlines, they don't care applying any make up because they have natural bauty.

About AK, got to agree they apply make up too much, plus the skirt they wear doesn't really fit in Malaysia which based on Muslim population, may be a lil bit "east" is good thou :)

MH stewardess are all beautiful :) To see the real stewardess beauty is fly North American and European airlines, they don't care applying any make up because they have natural bauty.

About AK, got to agree they apply make up too much, plus the skirt they wear doesn't really fit in Malaysia which based on Muslim population, may be a lil bit "east" is good thou :)

i see that. i don't know if this true, i heard that asian carrier choose FA based on looks, and most of them are young people. my cousin was an FA once when she was 17, after SPM when she is MAS FA.

I also heard that American airliners choose FA based on experience and the age limit is not as strick as asian. My college teacher in Houston, he is about 50 years old, his daughter is an FA on Continental. His daughter is around 30 years old.

correct me if i'm wrong about this regulation.

Azuddin

The prettiest F/A I'e ever met was from MH. I still can remember her looks and her name too :wub:

Okay, back to the topic please :D

AK stewardess uniform is HAWT ....

MH Stewardess uniform is HAWT as well :)

LOL! Admin also lari topic :p

Well, I'm not really a technical guy and don't really know much about aircraf technical parts, but I think it could be the way AK pilots handle the aircraft. I have flown many times with AK and tell you what, not even once I experience smooth landing with AK. AK pilots got the tendency to slam the plane on landing. A real contrast to MH pilots where their landing is very smooth and gentle. Slam the plane hard on the runway, apply brakes immediately after touchdown. Result? Maybe flatspot that could lead puncture. Dunno laa.. Just an opinion.

My usual route is KUL-KBR-KUL. Hard landing in KBR? Maybe acceptable la, battling with strong crosswinds because the airport is just a few kilometres away from the beach. But KUL? I don't think it's necessary to do that in KUL. Are they any crosswinds in KUL? The runway is long enough for a 737 to land smoothly.

I remember my return flight from KCH last year, the landing was smooth and the thrust reverser wasn't deployed immediately! It was deployed only after 4-5 seconds after touchdown. I manage to pay a visit to the cockpit and have a chat with the captain and f/o (I forgotten their names. Perhaps Capt. Radzi can tell me :) after seeing this pic;

IPB Image

Back to the topic :p (see, I also lari topik)..

Wanna know how hard AK pilots land the plane? Imagine driving your car through a 6-8inch deep pothole at 70-80km/h. Can break your shock absorbers liow.. I kena before :(

Cheers,

Edited by Syed A Ridhwan

LOL! Admin also lari topic :p

Well, I'm not really a technical guy and don't really know much about aircraf technical parts, but I think it could be the way AK pilots handle the aircraft. I have flown many times with AK and tell you what, not even once I experience smooth landing with AK. AK pilots got the tendency to slam the plane on landing. A real contrast to MH pilots where their landing is very smooth and gentle. Slam the plane hard on the runway, apply brakes immediately after touchdown. Result? Maybe flatspot that could lead puncture. Dunno laa.. Just an opinion.

Ridhwan, i guess your right. i saw AK make a hard landing at Kuala Terengganu once. I was boarding on MAS plane for flight TRG-LAX via KUL-TPE. while i was inside, i got the window seat, actually it was free seating that time since there's only 10 people on that flight. i saw AK coming in for landing. you know when the main gear touch down, there are some long delay until the nose gear to touch down. but the the AK i saw, it tokk them like less then 2 second delay causing them to have very smoky landing.

Azuddin

Syed, maybe you are right... But not always true AK pilots slam the plane on touchdown. I was anticipating a rough landing (yeah, with immediate brakes) that time I flew AK to Macau. As we glided on finals and got closer and closer to the ground, I was prepared for a rough ride. Contrary to my expectation, the touchdown was smooth and no immediate braking. As I have prepared for a bad one, I was quite stunned for a while and was asking myself "have we landed?"

I visited the cockpit after the passengers disembarked. It F/O was the one who did tha landing, as I learned. He was a Mat Salleh. Probably that's the reason for a smooth landing; perhaps he needs to hold a good record or he'll probably be retired sooner... Haha... So he decided to make every landing smooth and pleasing to the passengers... :D

On the return flight, was expecting for a smooth landing as well. So, as the plane glided down the glide path, I was already in the mood for a smooth landing... To my horror, we bounced and I wobbled! Uh! :o

Anyway, let's get serious. :) As many of you have noticed, usually AK's landing isn't smooth. As some of us notice as well, AK planes are usually high on the flare, as Radzi puts it. Could this be the reason for a "slam"? Stall and loses altitude...?

One glance you look like Anuar Zain lah :lol:

LMAO!! Sure or nottt?? :p

@Fairizuan

Yes! That's his name! Thank you! You know him??! Capt. Tun Beta is probably one of the best pilot I've ever flown with. Forgive me, Capt. Radzi, I'm yet to fly with you. Hehe.. :p

His announcement speech was superb! Before take-off, F/O do the speech (as usual la). But somewhere above South China Sea (KCH-KUL), Capt. Tun Beta gives his speech which is very pleasant and nice to listen. His pronunciation is clear and tone is so friendly. It was quite a long speech, around 4 minutes for each (Bahasa Malaysia & English). I'll rate him 10 out of 10 for the warmth and pleasant gesture he gave us. Unlike certain pilots who mumbles :mellow:, a few MH and most of AK pilots do that!

@Teoh

AK planes are usually high on the flare

Hah? Can explain abit ah? :)

Cheers,

EDIT: The F/O is Yuzree B)

Edited by Syed A Ridhwan

@Teoh

AK planes are usually high on the flare

Hah? Can explain abit ah? :)

Syed, meaning execution of flare higher than normal. That can result in stall, causing the plane to drop, giving the passengers a bumpy touchdown ride.

Check out FS2000 videos... Got a video on this... ;-)

Crosswind can occur anywhere, with the exception of maybe an aircraft carrier and helipads. Runways are fixed on ground while wind can change direction anytime.

The reason for "harder" landing in KBR is more because of the shorter runway. A smoother landing normally requires a longer distance. KUL is 13000 ft; KBR is only 7000 ft.

Anyway I'd rather have a good approach than a smooth landing alone. Both, of course is better.

Last month, i was on Air Asia's new A320 travelling from KUL - BKI.

After we've landed at BKI, the passengers had a long wait in the cabin b4 disembarking due to 'masalah teknikal'. Both engines were kept running all the time when the aircraft was parked on the tarmac.

In the end, after 10 mins or so, the captain announced that we hav to get off the plane from the right hand side coz number 1 engine cannot be shut down.

See the attached pic that i took as i was disembarking. Note engine 1 is really still running.

IPB Image

Strange huh... engine can't start, Ive heard of... but this is the first time I've experienced someone not able to shut down engines....

Just pull the fuel cut off switch cannot meh?

Or maybe APU is broken so he had to keep one engine running?

Edited by Andrew Lim

Ridhwan, i guess your right. i saw AK make a hard landing at Kuala Terengganu once. I was boarding on MAS plane for flight TRG-LAX via KUL-TPE. while i was inside, i got the window seat, actually it was free seating that time since there's only 10 people on that flight. i saw AK coming in for landing. you know when the main gear touch down, there are some long delay until the nose gear to touch down. but the the AK i saw, it tokk them like less then 2 second delay causing them to have very smoky landing.

Azuddin

with all due respect to all..... for me its a sweeping statement.. from my point of view, AK and MAS pilots both have their fair share of hard landings and smooth landings...let me put it this way we are all human and all learns from experience..

or should i put it this way..from my point of view, as i read from the postings above, most of us flies AK on short hauls and most of us flies MH on long hauls in larger a/c..therefore to compare a pilot flying a 747 to london, or an A330 Cptain flying to Langkawi, its without a doubt that the pilot will most of the time ace it, for one to become a captain in such a craft takes jet hours and experience....comparing it to an F/O in AK?..

for those Captains in AK, they usually are from other airlines flying countless hours in the 737s and from what i know from this captain i spoke to, he was flying the 737s for 17 years and his landings were superb.

and now try comparing it with a MAS 737 landing..i think withe the experience and jet hours, i believe it will be as good too

from what i see here u guys are comparing AK with MAS international flights......will it be fair? AK F/O with a 747,777,A330 Captain? is that the argument?

Edited by Yim Ken Yen

Sign in to follow this