MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Cire

Air Force

hahaha... we always thought we have the best.. even though we have the SU29/SU30 MKM. F18 Hornets, and BVR missiles, and what's not, our southern neighbor still have the upper hand with just the F15s Falcons and F5Es. They even have more than a couple of UAV squadrons ! And a squadron of Apaches Longbow. More importantly, they have actual battle stints overseas eg. Afghanistan, where they did a training exercise with its UAV squadron.

say.. on another topic abt the air force... Anyone remember the incident where a technician of an Aermacchi was ejected by accident in air force's hangar in Kuching some 5-6 years ago..?

don't remember the kuching one. what i do remember is the kuantan instructor who was ejected from the hawk seat in front of a few horrified cadets, while explaining the usage of......ejector seats.

RIP to him.

don't remember the kuching one. what i do remember is the kuantan instructor who was ejected from the hawk seat in front of a few horrified cadets, while explaining the usage of......ejector seats.

RIP to him.

I think you are right. It was in Kuantan. Kuching was when the Hawk somehow swayed in its taxi-ing and got wedged on a drain, damaging its nose wheel.

The Kuantan seat ejection case was due to the safety pin not inserted after a flight earlier on. The cockpit was fried. Instructor dead. Tragic.

Hi All,

Just wanna to correct a few things:

Ejection seat fatal incident happened in Butterworth AFB, not in Kuching or Kuantan

on BAe Hawk (not sure MK108 or MK208) and not on F5 or Aermacchi.

p.s : F15 is not a Falcon, hmmmm typo, hehe. BTW, I think we must respect the dead

and injured airman in this incident. Anything can goes wrong, guys.

yes, yes. With no offence intended at all to the departed. RIP/Al-Fatiha. And tks for the correction.

Sign in to follow this