MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Pieter C.

sunshine, no clouds, -5 Celsius, windchill -12 Celsius

Yes, bro, CO operates 2 Boeing 767-400's from AMS: 1 flight to EWR and the other to IAH...

you mean these two ?

this one is on her way to EWR last sunday, 29jan06:

IPB Image

and.......this one is on her way to IAH 5 minutes behind the first one ;)

IPB Image

You're always welcome, Gibby: drop me a line or PM me, when more definite ;)

Now that is what i'm talking about and it's one of my favourite CO plane and my favourite type of 767 series. You got one lucky day there Peiter. Normaly CO operate 764 to IAH and 762 sometimes 753 to EWR. that is rare, CO operate 2 764 out of AMS.

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

Eric,

Nice picture, Eric...how long were you able to withstand the cold ? :o

Pieter

only a hour or so that I was there, it was freezing cold, although the sun was shining. A pity afterwards, when I waited 1 hour longer, I was able to shoot the Cargolux 744F (for maintenance) and the fuelstop of MH3 LHR-KUL (9M-MPL). But now I missed them both :angry:

Eric

Also, guys, do note, in wintertime, the sun's position is quite low here on the Northern Hemisphere, so, although taken around 2pm, the sun's position would be similar to around 5pm with you there in Malaysia.

Still finding out all the camera's abilities, so, please bear with me; the MD11 and F50 and NCA 747 cockpit-shots were taken with 400mm (= max)...

Pieter:

I recommend that you adjust the exposure compensation, increase it to +1, +2 or so on above 0. For Canon, this function is called Exposure Compensation.

Also, you can switch-on the AEB (Auto Exp Bracketing) function, which takes 3 shots each time the shutter release button is pressed. Again, you can set the AEB setting (for Canon, this is called AEB).

I trust Nikon DSLR also have these 2 features. ISO 400 is fine. I took similar dark photos although its afternoon shots, I thought that increasing the ISO will solve the problem. But reading the manual again, tell me that exp compensation and AEB will help.

Another factor is to use partial metering instead of spot metering. This will tell the camera to take a more balanced spot measuring for overall picture area.

As for the dark brown grass, there is a built-in color filter for DSLRs too. The setting can be adjusted to capture a richer color.

Lovely Shots Pieter!! i love the Continental 767-400.. could only wish some of those birds would come to malaysia one day.. meanwhile... keep posting and spotting! good thing you seem to like your camera very much1! :lol: :rolleyes: :lol: :p :lol:

Sign in to follow this