MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

SIA boosts A380 Sydney flights

Two of SIA’s four daily flights linking Singapore with Sydney will soon be operated by A380 super jumbos, an increase on the current one A380 flight per day. The remaining two flights will be given over to smaller B777-200 aircraft.

The move, which takes effect from October 31, means that SIA will be able to fly an extra 200 or so passengers a day each way on this increasingly popular route.

SIA will roster the A380s for both its overnight Singapore-Sydney flights. In the return direction, the A380s will, as at present, be used for one of the morning flights out of Sydney. But SIA’s long-standing teatime service (which connects at Singapore with the overnight flights to Europe and which was downgraded to a B777-300ER earlier this year – see online news February 3) will be restored to an A380 operation.

Full report: http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/sia-boosts-a380-sydney-flights

For SQ to park two A380 overnight at SYD means SQ is more concern with pax connection at SIN than airport parking charges, and yield is more than sufficient to compensate A380 idling for over 15 hours.

If MH didn’t deferred A380 delivery, these demands could be absorbed by MH :pardon:

:drinks:

For SQ to park two A380 overnight at SYD means SQ is more concern with pax connection at SIN than airport parking charges, and yield is more than sufficient to compensate A380 idling for over 15 hours.

If MH didn’t deferred A380 delivery, these demands could be absorbed by MH :pardon:

:drinks:

http://airlineroute.net/2010/07/30/sq-syd-w10update/

http://airlineroute.net/2010/07/28/sq-w10-syd/

Also, with 2 Daily 380 and 2 Daily 777-200ER operating, this marks the end of FIRST Class to Sydney.

According to A380 SYD schedule, there are no overnight at SYD.

SQ231 SIN0030 - 1120SYD 388 D

SQ221 SIN2035 - 0725+1SYD 388 D

SQ212 SYD0915 - 1425SIN 388 D

SQ222 SYD1630 - 2140SIN 388 D

Is this an upgrade or downgrade in capacity?

Last time I flew Syd-Sin in May, there were less than 10 people in C class, and the chief steward told me that there were only 19 passengers in Y! It was the late afternoon flight arriving in SIN at midnight on the 77W.

Those 777-200 with the new C seats are not bad. Much better for day flights than the 380 C seats.

Last time I flew Syd-Sin in May, there were less than 10 people in C class, and the chief steward told me that there were only 19 passengers in Y! It was the late afternoon flight arriving in SIN at midnight on the 77W.

Those 777-200 with the new C seats are not bad. Much better for day flights than the 380 C seats.

Good cargo load, perhaps. 77W is a cargo monster.

Overall capacity is increased by roughly 100-130 per week.

Sign in to follow this