MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sri Ramani K.

KUL 14R 2010

(saw no 14R topic for the year, so decided to create one. to mods, do merge if deemed unnecessary :drinks:)

Went spotting today to the location suggested by Chaity. Glorious sun, but whole morning 14L was used for departure. Maybe some of these are pretty common for you guys la, but pardon this newbie as I kept shooting whatever that came my way :yahoo:

Was a trouble searching the right spot with plenty of backlit! Haha!

PK-AXG-14R-14-6-10.jpg

That was the view from my first spot. Not good, so decided to move around. I think there is a nice spot near the graveyard (don't know if Chaity already explored that area). Then moved to somewhere more accessible, and the problem with the place was most of my pics were terribly soft! shooting at 300mm and further cropping was bad. But this spot is nice for landings. Let the pics talk the rest. C&C well appreciated :lol:

9M-MKI-14R-14-6-10.jpg

9M-MLD-14R-14-6-10.jpg

She's back, 9M-MLD!

9M-XXD-14R-14-6-10.jpg

9M-XXD

9M-MPO-14R-14-6-10.jpg

9M-MPO

9M-MRC-14R-14-6-10.jpg

9M-MRC

9M-MKA-14R-14-6-10.jpg

9M-MKA

9V-SRI-14R-14-6-10.jpg

one SRI for another SRI :rofl:

A6-ERE-14R-14-6-10.jpg

A6-ERE - main catch of the day!

after that was usual traffic, and around 11.25am, runway 32L was switched back for landing. will upload a few more landing pics. TQVM :)

Ha ha Sri Ramani, you are the first to start 14R. :drinks:

I did pass by the graveyard area but never explore the area. :nea:

You caught a lot of belly shots. ;)

If 14 in use in the morning, I would prefer 14L Lake side as it will be nearer for me.

Edited by Chaity

Ha ha Sri Ramani, you are the first to start 14R. :drinks:

I did pass by the graveyard area but never explore the area. :nea:

You caught a lot of belly shots. ;)

If 14 in use in the morning, I would prefer 14L Lake side as it will be nearer for me.

I was wandering out of home since 8am. Didn't want to stop by lakeside for 14L landings so decided to try something new. If you want to avoid the bulis at all cost, you can also spot 14L arrivals at Kota Warisan area. Already ventured, and with your 100-400 i think shouldn't be a problem at all :rofl:

The most i could get was belly shots only, that's about all the reach i have on my tele. anything more than 200mm gets softer. Will meet you soon someday when I am not working :)

Ramani, what lens you are using? Soft after 200mm sounds very much like my old 75-300IS.

Anyway it has always been hard to shoot 14R; the best 14R photos would be the now-inaccessible met office. This Sepang area is a new alternative. Like Chaity, in the morning if 14 is in use, I'd prefer to be at the lakeside.

Yesterday they were using 14 again in the afternoon, all the way till midnight.

I was wandering out of home since 8am. Didn't want to stop by lakeside for 14L landings so decided to try something new. If you want to avoid the bulis at all cost, you can also spot 14L arrivals at Kota Warisan area. Already ventured, and with your 100-400 i think shouldn't be a problem at all :rofl:

The most i could get was belly shots only, that's about all the reach i have on my tele. anything more than 200mm gets softer. Will meet you soon someday when I am not working :)

100 - 400mm is THE lens to have for spotting. :p

Ramani, what lens you are using? Soft after 200mm sounds very much like my old 75-300IS.

Anyway it has always been hard to shoot 14R; the best 14R photos would be the now-inaccessible met office. This Sepang area is a new alternative. Like Chaity, in the morning if 14 is in use, I'd prefer to be at the lakeside.

Yesterday they were using 14 again in the afternoon, all the way till midnight.

Hello capt, I am using the 75-300 USM. non-IS though. Budget lense, but sharp until about 200mm. I actually wanted to catch some landings on 32L but was taken by surprise that 14R was used for take off. Had to make do with whatever I could get la capt :drinks:

I actually wanted to catch some landings on 32L but was taken by surprise that 14R was used for take off.

Anyone took 9M-MRH taking-off 14R on 14jun10 ?