MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Radzi

Rare aircraft of Malaysia

man..i remember the good ol' days where we used to get quite a few IL-62 flights to the old KUL!

aeroflot, CSA, LOT as well i think... i used to live in SJ...SS14/3....right under the flight path. they were the loudest aircraft ever!!!

Just gave a quick check at A.net.. yup.. its a Nomad like what Ibrahim says.. it does look like a twin otter from far.. It's very rare in A.net.. you think its wise to try upload?? any comments guys?  smile.gif

24481[/snapback]

Definitely. I've been trying to nail that one myself, no luck yet.

A Nomad was many years ago used for aerial mapping in Malaysia. I used to see the all white aircraft being serviced at the RSFC hangar and IIRC it was powered by 2 PT6's. However I can't recall the rego.

The cameras were mounted on the fuselage floor and IIRC they had a lot of problems with these cameras.

Really rare I surpose then... smile.gif I'll try upload it..

Radzi:

I think to nail it, it is usually seen parked at the hornbill skyways hangar apron.. So request for Runway 07 departure next time and you'll go by her real close smile.gif

Attan:

It does seem to be a mapping aircraft I surpose.. seen her maneuver fairly high many times... and repeated flight path over the same area at times... But dont see any cameras attached to her belly? laugh.gif

another IL76...this time in blue stripe hehehe smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Affendy,

Nice Iranian bird ohmy.gif Although not flying for a Russian airline anymore it still shows the type in Cyrrilic IL76TD tongue.gif

Look at the tail: it still shows where the Russian flag and registration were before wink.gif

Really rare I surpose then...  smile.gif  I'll try upload it.. 

Radzi:

I think to nail it, it is usually seen parked at the hornbill skyways hangar apron.. So request for Runway 07 departure next time and you'll go by her real close  smile.gif

Attan:

It does seem to be a mapping aircraft I surpose.. seen her maneuver fairly high many times... and repeated flight path over the same area at times... But dont see any cameras attached to her belly?  laugh.gif

24703[/snapback]

The cameras were installed from inside through he fuselage floor, so only the lenses and some parts of the equipment would be visible from outside.

Affendy,

Nice Iranian bird  ohmy.gif Although not flying for a Russian airline anymore it still shows the type in Cyrrilic IL76TD  tongue.gif

Look at the tail: it still shows where the Russian flag and registration were before  wink.gif

24765[/snapback]

wow! thanks pieter for the info...i didnt know it was flying for the Iranian...

u have a very sharp eye pieter...i didnt realized that the flag n the rego on the tail have been repainted! smile.gif

Cool Cool.. Nice Pic Guyz.. Yahh Can't Enter IL76 at LIMA'05 Last time But Just see From The Open Door... But From Norman Pic Someone Has a Pleasure to climb on the top of the IL76 Cool... :blink:

Sign in to follow this