MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Radzi

Rare aircraft of Malaysia

Just think about starting a new topic to showcase aircraft that is not common here in Malaysia.

Lets start with 3 russian beauties in Langkawi.

This one was previously seen in BKI in 2004. Now she is back.

user posted image

Another charter flight.

user posted image

Getting ready to depart. ETD was 11am but delayed due to slow refueling.

user posted image

And an Indian A300. Normally seen in SIN but there is this extra flight they were doing on the 5th.

user posted image

Sorry for the big size photo. Malas nak resize.

Edited by radzi

Can anyone help me with this aircraft regarding type and owner? Found it in BKI on the 9th.

user posted image

Radzi, here's her details...

Operator: United States Air Force

Type: UC-35A (military version of: Cessna Citation 560 Ultra V)

Full Serial: 98-0006

Construction Number: 560-0495

Hope that helps! Absolutely stunning pics, your a lucky man!

Edited by Liam Gibb

Can someone also help me out on the type of aircraft this is? Is this also rare?

user posted image

user posted image

It Layang-layang Aerospace that doing Operation to Layang Layang island is from Kota Kinabalu. that aircraft type is GAF N22C Nomad Australian made aircraft. Hopefully this info is correct tongue.gif

Edited by Ibrahim

TQ TQ TQ.... but exactly what name of model and variants? i wonder what layang layang plane from BKI is doing here in WBGG.. It's been here for sometime. and rarely see this layang layang flies.. till yesterday..

TQ TQ TQ.... but exactly what name of model and variants? i wonder what layang layang plane from BKI is doing here in WBGG.. It's been here for sometime. and rarely see this layang layang flies.. till yesterday..

24383[/snapback]

Shorts Skyvan IIRC...damn loud... smile.gif

Radzi, here's her details...

Operator: United States Air Force

Type: UC-35A (military version of: Cessna Citation 560 Ultra V)

Full Serial: 98-0006

Construction Number: 560-0495

Hope that helps! Absolutely stunning pics, your a lucky man!

24367[/snapback]

Thank you Liam. Now I'll try to upload it.

Wonder, rendition flight?

Thank you Liam. Now I'll try to upload it.

Wonder, rendition flight?

No probs mate. I believe they are used in a light VIP/Staff Transport role, by the Army.

Wow, you're lucky to catch those rare Russian birds, Radzi.

Mmmm, the Citation on rendition mission? My guess is as good as yours :-)

Dan, the wheel on the back of the 'ol IL-62 is to prevent her keeling over when stopped. This would become a very frequent occurence is such a provision did not exist due to the very far aft centre of gravity, brought on by the exceptional weight of the 4 engines.

While the Il-76 is a hot topic, has anyone ever had the pleasure of going inside one? I've been in the exact bird pictured (YL-LAL, of Inversija Air Cargo, at the time operating for Adagold on behalf of the Australian Defence Force). As you walk in, there is a make shift galley, with a fridge and microwave...as well a kettle on a hot plate. If you head to the nose, you climb through an engineers make shift bedroom to the engineers station. You can climb up to the flightdeck from the middle of this bedroom. If you head aft, you pass a set of 6 seats, some more bedding and reach to cargo hold, which has its own loading system, similar to a port system, albeit a very much smaller scale. Looking aft through the flightdeck escape hatch is very cool.

The supporting pole in the back is used by those rear-engined aircraft, to prevent it from tipping over. cargo 747 use it too, while loading, for the same reason. Only that the one on the 747 is manually attached by the ground crew.

Radzi may i ask u when u took those shots of those russian birds at LGK..CAuse at this very moment i just drove by the airport in langkawi n those planes are still there...All russian tourist..

I think so in the near future you would be able to see a lot of russian aircraft in LGK

Radzi may i ask u when u took those shots of those russian birds at LGK..CAuse at this very moment i just drove by the airport in langkawi n those planes are still there...All russian tourist..

24468[/snapback]

Yesterday. Around noon.

Shorts Skyvan IIRC...damn loud... smile.gif

24401[/snapback]

Thanks too Imran.. but is this lil bird rare in Malaysia? So its a Shorts Skyvan IIRC? IIRC stands for? It wasnt loud during this finals hehe tongue.gif

Thanks too Imran.. but is this lil bird rare in Malaysia? So its a Shorts Skyvan IIRC? IIRC stands for? It wasnt loud during this finals hehe  tongue.gif

24474[/snapback]

IIRC = If I Remember Correctly...

Which i did wrongly... sad.gif

According to LIAM...its not a shorts skyvan...And I just realized why...the stabilizers dont have little "winglets"...

Just gave a quick check at A.net.. yup.. its a Nomad like what Ibrahim says.. it does look like a twin otter from far.. It's very rare in A.net.. you think its wise to try upload?? any comments guys? smile.gif

Edited by ignatius

While the Il-76 is a hot topic, has anyone ever had the pleasure of going inside one?

Another IL76 spotted in LGK during LIMA wink.gif

user posted image

Liam... can't enter... this guy won't allow tongue.gif

user posted image

-

Liam... can't enter... this guy won't allow
hahaha, the day we went aboard they were fixing the number 2...we were getting funny hand signals, as the crew didn't speak any english...after 10mins of waiting our guide (we were at RAAF Pearce), said stuff it and aboard we went.

Sign in to follow this