MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
kandiah k

MH and BD codeshare

Just saw on flightstats that BMI and MAS are having a code share on the KUL-LHR-KUL route.

Anyone has any update on when it began ? To my knowledge, the code shares were only on BMI on

LHR-other points in the UK and some European points, DUBLIN and BELFAST. Also, MH has now moved

to Terminal 4 at LHR with a new lounge, perhaps some connections there ?

OT:

Too bad, BD will cease to operate between AMS-LHR v.v., effectively not offering any Star Alliance flights anymore between the 2 cities... :(

Don't know about MH moving from T3 to T4, however, BD uses T1 at LHR...

Thanks Pieter.

Why is BD ceasing ops for the AMS-LHR route ?

They say it's unprofitable; also BRU will be axed and will be replaced by Brussels Airlines (SN), also a Star Alliance member (and part of Lufthansa now)...

BD really went downhill @ AMS after they stopped offering early- and midmorning flights to LHR from AMS (1st flight now is around 1pm), so not offering day-returns anymore...the times I flew them (on the early/1st flight of the day), they had excellent loads and plenty of transfer-passenger mainly AC/QR...really wonder why they stopped these morning-frequencies; it was the start of the end, I suppose...

Rumours are, QR will start flying to AMS eff Summer 2010; till than, it will transfer via FRA/MUC (P.S. EK will definitely start May 2010 to AMS with 772/773 equipment). :good:

Sign in to follow this